Chapter 3

Word count: 1,349

You were at the officeand you couldn't stop smiling. Last night was absolutely amazing for you, and you woke up to a 'Good morning.' text from them, and your heart swooned.
"You seem to be in a good mood." Clark said as he came out of his office. "I'm in an amazing mood." "mmm well stop it. It's unsettling." "Unsettling?" You questioned. "That's what I said. It makes me feel as though you're plotting something." "Like what pray tell." "I'm not sure, but I'm sure it's because I make you deal with the freshmen." You chuckled. "I'm not plotting anything, Professor Clark. Today has just been a good day." he side eyed me. "Sure." "Was there something you needed, sir?" "I need you to drop off some papers to Brink." "Okay. Do you need anything else while I'm out?" "Yes, a cup of coffee." "Okay." As soon as you received the papers from Clark, you were on your way to Brinks. You walked through the doors with the biggest smile on your face, and you saw them sitting at their desk headphones in their ear typing away. You walked up closer to the desk and took your free hand, waving it in front of their face.
"Oh hey." They said as they pulled their headphones. "Hey I'm just here to drop off some more paperwork for Brink." "Okay." You handed them the papers and decided to ask them one of the many questions that's been on your mind. "Would you like to have lunch with me today?" They looked at you with a blank face for a minute. "I wouldn't want to intrude on your time with Andre." You chuckled a little. "Trust me, you won't." "You sure?" "I'm sure." "Then yeah, I would like to have lunch." "Great. I'll see you later." "See you later." After getting Clarks coffee, you found your way back to the office, sitting at your desk waiting for lunch to come around, but first you had to text Andre. 'Hey I have to cancel lunch today, I'm gonna eat with Jordan today.' Not even a minute later, he messaged back. 'So their your bestie now T-T' he sent another message. 'You're abandoning me.... FOR THEM!' And another. 'I see how it is.' You waited a second to see if he had anything else to say. 'You're so fucking dramatic.' 'You're ditching me to go eat lunch with someone else. I have every right to be dramatic.' 'Well I'll stop eating lunch with you.' 'You're so mean. When did you guys become friends anyways?' 'We exchanged numbers when I went out with you guys.' 'Huh okay.' 'What?' 'Nothing.' 'Mhmm okay.' You sat your phone down going back to looking over applications and looking at Clarks schedule. Eventually 12 came around and you were waiting in the cafeteria for them, scrolling through your phone when you felt a gentle hand on your shoulder. "Hey." You jumped slightly and when you looked up you saw it was Jordan in their fem form. "Oh hey." They walked around the table and sat across from you. "So how's your day been so far?" "It's been okay, just looking over a bunch of applications for Brink. What about you?" "It's been about the same, but it has been fun listening to Clark get so heated about his freshman class." You both laughed. "I still can't believe you agreed to be his TA, he seems like an asshole." "Oh he is, but it'll look good on my resume." "Well I'll go get us something to eat. Do you want anything specific?" "I'm good with anything." You smiled at them. "Okay I'll be back." You nodded your head and patiently waited for Jordan to come back, and when they did they had changed to their male form. They sat the plates down. " here you go." "Thank you." As you both were eating conversations about movies and TV shows were brought and you both went on your own little rants, but it was soon interrupted by the buzzing of your phones. You picked it up and saw an email from Clark.
"I just received an invitation to a fundraiser for the school and since you're my TA I'm extending the invitation to you, the date is for this Saturday. The official invitation is attached to the email."
"Did you just get an invitation from Clark?" You looked up at them and nodded. "Fuck I have to figure out something to wear." "You have time." "Like three days."You slightly whined and did a deep sigh as you tried to figure out what stores to go to and when you're available. "I can go with you and help pick something out." You lit up a little. "Really?" "Yeah." "Thank you!" You smile wide at them and immediately start looking at your schedule. "Okay if I skip my study session I have a two hour opening before my next class. From like 2-4 pm." "That sounds good to me." "Okay great! We can meet at the front then." They nodded their heads and continued eating. After lunch you spent a good hour at the office before you left to go to your dorm and get ready. You changed out of your clothes into a wrap dress so that it'll be easy to try on clothes. You touched up your hair and makeup and eventually you were on your way to the front of the school. It was about 1:50 when you made it there, you waited a good 5 minutes and then you saw them in their fem form, wearing cargo pants and a baggy shirt.
"Hey did you wait long?" "No, it was only five minutes." "Okay, well we can take my car." You nodded your head and let them guide the way. Once you approached the car they opened the door for you and as soon as you got in you couldn't stop smiling. "Do you have in mind what you want?" "I want something formal and that's a little revealing but not too much to where everything's hanging out, and maybe like an ashy blue." "Well I'm sure we can find that." They look over at you and back on the road. As soon as you both made it to the mall you went from store to store and you couldn't find anything. When you made it to the final store you walked around and shuffled through racks when you saw this beautiful long deep blue dress, that was backless, with a V- neck. "Hey I'm gonna go try this on." "Okay." You went into the changing room and as you were looking in the mirror you thought this was the dress. You walked out and Jordan was sitting on their phone. "Hey. What do you think of this one?" They looked up and just stared at you, you couldn't really tell what they were thinking and it was making you nervous. "Turn around." You obeyed not really thinking much of it. "So do you like it?" "It looks amazing on you." You turned back around and smiled. "I think I'm gonna get it." You definitely should." "Okay, I'll be back in a minute." After you changed you bought the dress and was on your way back to campus the drive was short and nice. When you pulled into the campus they opened your door. "I'll Walk you to your dorm." "Thank you." "No problem." You walked to the dorm in comfortable silence and you just thought about how you really liked being around them, sure they could be a little cold, but they weren't always. Finally your dorm was in front of you. "I would invite you in but my room isn't the cleanest." "It's okay I get it." "Maybe we can watch property brothers again tomorrow and you can come over" "I would like that." You hugged them quickly and pulled away. "Thanks again for coming with me today." "Of course." "I'll See you tomorrow." "See you tomorrow." You walked into your dorm and just could wait for tomorrow.