This Night Will Change Everything

I didn't take long to take care of the Banshee after finding a blacksmith who had enough gold to make a sword with a golden blade. It was simple, really. Merlin distracted the Banshee while Arhtur snuck up behind her and stabbed her, slaying her instantly. With a shreak, she vanished into thin air. After slaying the Banshee, the two of them went back to their room at the inn. Merlin mumbled that he wished to wash off and that he was going to the lake to do so. Arthur argued that there was a bath in the room and that he could do it there.

Merlin did not want to be around Arthur at the moment, so he ignored his argument and went anyway. Merlin grabbed some of his clothes and a towel and walked to the lake. He made sure that he was alone before slowly undressing and then getting in the cool water. He had swam out a little and then laid back to float on his back. He was completely relaxed. Arthur being Arthur ha dfallowed him. Merlin, of course, did not know this. Arthur was slightly drunk he had stopped by the tavern before going to find Merlin. It wasn't  a good idea on his part. Nither Merlin or Arthur were prepared for what came next. One moment, Merlin was relaxing in the lake. The next he was lying on the towel, he brought moaning as Arthur thrust deep inside of him.

Merlin held on to Arthur, leaving red lines down his back. This only made Arthur thrust harder and deeper. Merlin moaned loudly so loud Arthur was sure someone would hear. However, he didn't care at that moment. All he cared about was the beautiful man beneath him. The man that he loves. Soon, they are both reaching their high. They lay there side by side basking in the afterglow. After they have caught thier breath the get dressed. Arthur thinks to himself what have I done. He should have known better nothing like this can ever happen again. He is not allowed to love Merlin in this way. They don't talk as they walk back to the inn. They don't say goodnight they share one last look as they lay down I their beds. They are silent because they both know that what they just didn't was a mistake that can never happen again.

The next morning, Merlin and Arhut woke up and packed their belongings. After that, they mounted their horses and made their way back to Camelot. They did not talk, when night fell, they tied their horses and made camp. They still did not talk. When they finally made it back to Camelot, they parted ways. They resumed their roles as the prince and his loyal servant. It was like this for weeks they only spoke to each other when absolutely necessary. Merlin no longer made snarky remarks. Arthur was beginning to grow tired of the wall that had come between them. Romantic feelings or not, Merlin was still one of Arthur's close friends. One day, Arthur woke up alone. Merlin was not there pulling his curtains back to let the sun in. Arthur got himself up and got dressed. He walked out of his room and stopped one of the other Servants. "Have you seen Merlin?" He asked her, she shook her head, "No sire I have not" she replied.

Arthur nodded and walked away to find someone who might know where Merlin is. He stopped another servant and asked if he had seen Merlin. He had not, after asking the fourth servant if she had seen Merlin, Arhtur was just about ready to give up. Until he spotted Gwen if anyone where knew where Merlin was, it would be her. "Guinevere, have you seen Merlin?" Gwen looked at Arthur a bit shocked and said, "You haven't heard? Merlin is very sick. Gaius is trying to figure out what is wrong with him."