Chapter 4 - A Dragon?

Wilbur opened his eyes and stretched his arms. Tallulah was still fast asleep next to him. A few minutes later, Tallulah stretched her arms and sat up.

She then grabbed her notebook from the table next to her and wrote, "Good Morning Papi."

"Morning sweetie, did you sleep well?" Wilbur asked.

"Yes, thank you. It's the first night I've slept well in a while. I didn't have any nightmares." Tallulah scribbled and looked up at Wilbur smiling.

"That's great to hear Tallulah!" Wilbur grinned.

"What are we going to do today Papi?" Tallulah asked. Tallulah covered her mouth with her right hand in shock.

"Tallulah, did you just... talk?" Wilbur asked. Tallulah nodded still in disbelief. "Wait try speak again Tallulah." Wilbur said.

"Papa?" Tallulah said. Wilbur hugged Tallulah. "OH MY GOD MI AMOR, YOU CAN SPEAK!" Wilbur exclaimed and squeezed her tight.

"I CAN SPEAK PAPI!" Tallulah exclaimed. "PAPI I CAN LEARN HOW TO SING!"

"YES MI NINA, I CAN TEACH YOU TO SING!" Wilbur said excitedly. "YIPPEE!" Tallulah squeaked. Wilbur let go of the embrace and jumped off the bed. "COME ON TALLULAH WE MUST GO SHOW ABUELITO AND CHAYANNE!" Wilbur yelled in excitement. "ALSO, TALLULAH YOUR VOICE IS SO PRETTY! JUST LIKE I IMANGINED!" Tallulah stood up and jumped up and down on the bed. "PAPI I'M SO HAPPY, AND YAY LET'S GO!" Tallulah exclaimed.

Wilbur and Tallulah approached Phil and Chayanne's home. Tallulah ran over to the trampoline and started bouncing up and down on it. "PHIL WAKE THE HELL UP!" Wilbur shouted while banging on the window. Phil appeared at the door and rubbed his eyes.

"Wilbur what is it? It's early!" Phil yawned.

"Tallulah show him!" Wilbur called to Tallulah. Tallulah got off the trampoline and walked over.

"Hi Abuelito!" Tallulah grinned.

"Did she just speak?" Phil asked Wilbur in a startled tone.

"Yeah! Isn't it great?" Wilbur beamed.

"Yeah, it is, but don't you think it's a bit... well strange?" Phil asked. "Well, I guess... but it's great!" Wilbur grinned.

"ABUELITO, PAPI IS GOING TO TEACH ME TO SING!" Tallulah exclaimed.

"Yeah! Hey Wilbur, can I talk to you privately please?" Phil asked. "Okay..." Wilbur stumbled. Phil beckoned Wilbur to a quiet spot.

"Will, don't you think it's a bit strange that she can talk? I mean weird things always happen to the eggs before they get kidnapped." Phil explained.

"Oh... well I mean... I guess you could be right. Can you wake up Chayanne to see if he can as well? Maybe that will give us answers" Wilbur suggested. Worry flooded Wilbur like a wave. "What if Phil is right?" Wilbur thought to himself. "What if I get my girl taken away from me?"

"Go look after Tallulah I'm going to wake Chayanne up" Phil replied. "Llulah!" Wilbur hollered over to Tallulah.

"Papi what's wrong? You look stressed" Tallulah asked.

"Oh me? I'm fine honey" Wilbur said.

Tallulah looked at Wilbur sternly.

"Tell me" She ordered. Wilbur looked down at his feet and fiddled with his hair. "Papi you can tell me" Tallulah stated.