Chapter 3: To Be Out For Blood

In the hospital room, officer Cha Inpyo, the investigating officer, took a seat across from Jungwon, his stern expression softened by a hint of empathy. He began the interview, seeking to piece together the fragments of the harrowing night.

As the questioning continued, Sunoo, consumed by worry and suspicion, leaned in toward Heeseung. "What if there's a note, like the one we found at the forest? What if the killer left something behind again?" Sunoo voiced his concerns, the unease evident in his eyes.

Before Heeseung could respond, Officer Cha Inpyo approached them, introducing himself as the investigating officer. His stern demeanor conveyed the gravity of the situation, and the room fell silent as he cut straight to the heart of the matter.

"Do you both know Jake Sim?" Officer Cha Inpyo inquired, his gaze sharp and unwavering.

Heeseung and Sunoo exchanged a glance, their attempts to remain composed betraying the turmoil within. "Yes," they answered in unison.

Officer Cha Inpyo leaned back, studying their reactions. "We believe that the person who attacked Jungwon and Jay might be the same individual responsible for Jake's disappearance."

Heeseung, managing to maintain a façade of composure, nodded in agreement. "That's exactly what we suspect."

The gravity of the situation hung heavily in the air as Officer Cha Inpyo continued, revealingq a chilling detail that sent shivers down Heeseung's spine. "We're still searching for Jake's body, but near the forest, we found a severed arm believed to belong to him. But we'll still send it to the forensics to confirm it."

A gasp escaped Heeseung's lips, his mind grappling with the gruesome reality unfolding before them. Sunoo's eyes widened in horror, and a heavy silence settled over the room.

"Please," Heeseung implored, his voice carrying the weight of desperation. "Do everything you can to find Jake."

Officer Cha Inpyo nodded, acknowledging the depth of their anguish. "We're doing our best to piece together what happened. If you remember anything else, don't hesitate to let us know."

As Officer Cha Inpyo left them, the reality of the situation hung over Heeseung and Sunoo like a dark cloud. The search for Jake, now compounded by the grim discovery in the forest, had taken a sinister turn.

Heeseung and Sunoo stood in the dimly lit hospital corridor, their conversation charged with a mix of urgency and concern. "I'll go investigate at Jungwon's house," Heeseung declared, determination etched across his face. "Watch out for Jay and Jungwon here."

Sunoo nodded, his worry evident. "Be careful, Heeseung. We don't know what we're dealing with."

Heeseung shot him a reassuring glance. "I'll be fine. Just keep an eye on them here. We need answers."

As Heeseung left, a heavy silence lingered between Sunoo and Sunghoon. Sunoo, grappling with the weight of doubt, approached Sunghoon. "I'm sorry for doubting you," he admitted, his voice laced with sincerity.

Sunghoon, understanding the turmoil of the situation, pulled Sunoo into a comforting hug. "It's okay. We're all on edge right now."

Sunoo, finding solace in Sunghoon's support, outlined his plan. "I need your help. Watch over Jay for me. I'll keep an eye on Jungwon."

Sunghoon nodded in agreement, their unspoken commitment to each other and their friends solidifying in the face of uncertainty. As Sunghoon headed toward Jay's room, Sunoo maintained his post, keeping a vigilant eye on Jungwon's door.