Chapter 3

GUESS WHOS BACK
BACK AGAIN
*points to self* THIS BITCH IS BACK
TELL YOUR FRIENDS
LMAO IM SORRY CHRISTMAS WAS HECTIC
anyway this is a short chapter (even though I said it would be longer and more interesting) ITS NOT. I'll probably get another one out in this week because I'm out of writers block. Anyway 'nough said.
Ciaoooooo

Blue 45 took the wheel even after my pathetic protest attempts.

"You were crazy drunk last night! You must've slept for, what, 4 hours?" I mumbled.

Blue 45 grinned at me as if my comment was the most adorable thing in the world. "Pretty sure it's out of my system. Live a little!"

"Yeah I would love it if the rest of Area Blue could reach 80" I replied with anger and annoyance in my voice. Blue 45 softened a bit at my rambling, "I know you worry darling, it's okay. I promise I'll stop okay?"
I drew in a breath and exhaled. "Okay."

Blue 45 looked as if he still had something on his mind. I glared at him. "What is it? Spit it out!"
"Have you ever thought about talking to someone about your anxi-." He said, the look on my face cutting him off. "There is nothing to talk about." I said, trying to convince him.

And yourself

"Shut up" I said aloud. Blue 45 glanced in my direction. "Sorry talking to my uh, head"

Blue 45 was still looking at me concerned. "It's fine! Eyes on the road please!" I said.

A wave of realisation must've washed over Blue 45 because his eyes snapped back to the road in front of him.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but the government is very strict on "purifying each type of human". If the government finds anyone "defective" they will not hesitate to take in the whole province and eliminate them. Whether what makes the person defective is rule breaking (which could include Blue 45's drinking, but I decided to ignore that fact) or other differences...

I know what you are thinking, "What does she mean by other differences?"
I'll get to that later.
————————
Blue 45 and I didn't talk for the rest of the drive. We pulled up to our school and got out of my car without saying a word. Blue 45 passed me the keys so I could drive back home at the end of the day. "You know I didn't mean to upset you, right?" He said.

"Yeah I know" I responded, not really meaning it.
Blue 45 wrapped his arms around me, hugging me from behind, and whispered in my ear. "I love you darling I never, EVER want to lose you."

I decided staying mad at him wouldn't go anywhere so I returned his hug. "Ditto Sparky." I said.

I felt 45 flinch a bit at the mention of his childhood nickname. I felt him smile and ease a bit.

"Bringing that back are we?"

"It checks out."

"Guess it does, see you later darling."

Blue 45 let go of me and walked up to our school's front door, glancing back at me and smiling as he walked through.

I waited by my car for my best friend, Blue 39. Blue 39 wasn't really my best friend, that was 45, but she was the closest I was gonna get to otherwise.

On cue, her father's car pulled up right beside mine. 39 bounded out of her seat muttering quick goodbyes to her father and speed-walking towards me. "Good morning!" She chirped, wrapping me in a hug (she was very affectionate). I returned her hug lightly. "Right back at you 39." I said.

"SO! READY TO FACE THE DAY AND TALK ABOUT THAT HOT BEST FRIEND OF YOURS" she cried.

I rolled my eyes.
39 thought 45 and I were romantically involved ever since I met her.

Like you haven't thought about it

Oh shut up I replied to my own thoughts.

"Sure" I said with zero enthusiasm.

Blue 39 kept rambling on until we got into school and the first bell rang. She was headed to maths class and I had history so we went our separate ways.
I silently prayed to myself history wasn't boring today and walked into the classroom.

Jeez that was shorter than I thought
Anyway byeeeee
Also shoutout to Gayteen01 for putting up with my shit. Check out their stories they are BOMB
anyway byeee
-Lilli🌷