Chapter 12

Sorry again everyone, between getting ready for Christmas and getting burned out with the story and running out of ideas. I was getting ready to call it quits but I didn't. I've finally finished with this chapter and will begin starting on the next one soon. I've gotten motivated again and will continue on. It's just expect jams and possibly long waits in the future between chapters. Again I apologize and will keep on working through the story.

As everyone should know, the Alterna arc as I'm calling it is reaching its climax. You know that by reading the plot, its very much like the story mode from the game, with extras and twists. These aren't spoiler alerts, but after the end of this, Reaper and Deacon will eventually make it into Alterna, resulting in Max meeting his half-brother and the inklings realizing that humanity didn't die out. Max will have to decide who to go with. Back to Splatsville with Sam, Missy, but soon to reveal her real name back to Octo Valley, or the third wheel, Reaper back to the mainland which was once the United States. What do you readers think?

Things are gonna get very interested when these two groups meet and the story plots merge. Side Order once it comes out will play a part in this story as well, which is why Marina is already on the stage. Eventually Agent 4 (Izzy) will appear and so will Agent 8 (Serena), not to mention Pearl of course. It's still too far ahead to know what exactly how I'll steer the story line. I wanna make things unpredictable as I can, enjoy the chapter and hope to not slow things down in the future.

Marina, Missy, and agent 3 were on their way to happiness research labs using the once parked submarine that was docked at landfill dreamland. Being a waterborne vessel, it was the most efficient way to reach the site without getting caught or running the risk of encountering the fuzzy octarians on the way there. Marina was focused on driving the sub, while Missy observed through the periscope and Sam, she just went along for the ride, rubbing lil' buddy's belly as it laid beside her.

"Not much farther, I'd say we'll be docking in 10 minutes," said Missy as folded the periscope handles. Looking over toward the inkling agent whose mind was preoccupied. Missy gave a sigh, she knew Sam had a thing for Max and knew once her mission was over with, the inkling would take him back to Splatsville, knowing it would be a conflict of interest, she had to do something to stop her.

"(Clearing throat)... So, squid, I got something I wanna talk to you about," getting Sam's attention.

"If it's about Max, my mind is already made up," looking up at the octoling.

"Well, mine isn't. I wanna set this straight, Max is coming with me once that fuzzball is dealt with,"

"And what makes you think he would go with you, he's gotta home back in Splatsville," standing up and confronting Missy on the issue.

"What, keeping him cooped up like a sea snail, knowing what would happen if word got out about his existence,"

"You wanna take him back to octo valley, deep underground. At least he'll get sunlight and fresh air back in the city,"

"At least he'll be able to roam around instead of suffocating in that pathetic apartment! Just because I'm taking him back to the valley doesn't mean reestablishing a life on the surface isn't on the table," shouting louder, enough to catch Marina's attention from the sub controls, making her working about the two's altercation.

"You're not taking him!" Sam protested, getting in the octoling's face.

"You gonna stop me!" Missy growled back, ready to jump all over Sam.

"YOU TWO! KNOCK IT OFF!" Marina yelled at the two of them, stopping their bickering. "Let Max make the decision, don't make it form him. Do I need to remind you that he is a human, what's left of an extinct race... or once was an extinct race. Did it ever run through your minds that this is still a little much for him, waking up to realize your species is dead and now the world is dominated by oceanics, and if we don't stop Grizz, then I can ensure that the world won't be ruled by us anymore, but could end up endangered if not extinct ourselves. Now do I have to separate you two like a pair of squabbling hatchlings?" Both Missy and Sam looked at each other and then turned away in disdain toward one another.