𝖮𝖭𝖤

                Living in Silver Falls was a dream for some, but for others, it was the complete opposite

Living in Silver Falls was a dream for some, but for others, it was the complete opposite. Phoebe, however, found herself adoring every moment of her life there.

    Phoebe's mother, Tenille, had met Garret Dutton when Phoebe was just five years old. The story goes that Tenille caught Garret's eye while bartending at a conference in Texas. Garret always claimed it was love at first sight, but Tenille had a different perspective. She initially couldn't stand the man, but eventually, love snuck its way in. It was a classic tale of he fell first, she fell harder— the dynamic blend of sunshine versus grumpy.

    With no family worth mentioning and a desire to be closer to Garret, Tenille packed up their lives and moved to Colorado. Garret became a father figure to Phoebe, who had never experienced paternal love before. On her 10th birthday, he even officially adopted her, solidifying their bond. Phoebe adored him with all her heart.

    A big piece of her heart broke when Garret died after being crushed by his horse in a cattle stampede. And an either bigger part died when her mother packed up and left her behind a few months later— claiming she needed to heal in a note she left behind— that was two years ago.

    Now, Phoebe found herself living on the Dutton family ranch with Mildred and Ian Dutton, who had embraced her as their own family from day one. Mildred— Millie, her grandmother, kept herself busy running the Silver Springs Council and her own book club. And then there was Cash Dutton, Garret's younger brother and Phoebe's favourite uncle by default— of course. He was known as one of the finest bronc riders to come out of Colorado, especially the likes of Silver Falls. However, he hadn't competed in almost two years due to an open fracture to his right leg during the 2020 Houston PBR championship.

    Phoebe's life was far from perfect, but she still adored every moment of it and grew from the challenges thrown her way.

    One thing Phoebe alwats wanted growing up was a sister or even a brother, she'd take that just so she wasn't so lonely. Unfortunately, it never happened. And she doubted she would even get a cousin from her lonesome uncle.

    That was the reason why the Walter family occupied such a significant place in her heart, and despite her falling out with Cole, her presence in the Walter household remained unchanged. After all, they were family above all else.