𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 || 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

—NEXT WEEK—

—NEXT WEEK—

"It's really happening!" I tried to let out all my nervous jitters in the car, rather than at the church. We were on our way, to get baptized.

"Why did you wear makeup, if you're going to get dunked in water?" Tom raises his brows, looking at me weirdly, was I wearing a full face?

Yes, but like...

"It's waterproof makeup." I defended.

Cherry and Bill we're carpooling with us in the back seat. "I can't believe this is really happening." Cherry admitted.

"I can't either." I smiled, looking out the window. I wondered, what God held for Tom and I. Was it a good life? I sure hoped it was.

Tom pulls into the parking lot, coming around and letting me out of the car.

"Wow, so we don't get help? I see how it is." Bill opens his own door, stepping out with Cherry alongside him. "Shut up." Tom rolls his eyes.

"I hope you get rebuked, from Heaven." Bill sticks his tongue out at Tom.

"Don't— Don't say that! That's serious!" Tom puts an accusing finger up in Bill's face.

"God forbid." I signed the cross, just thinking about it. "He was just joking." Cherry put a hand on my shoulder, none of them got any of this.

They didn't get why we were getting baptized, and it wasn't just an easy way into Heaven.

I didn't think, at least in my mind. I didn't think Tom and I, could start our marriage with still so many sins. I didn't believe we would be happy, without this. Maybe it's dumb, maybe it's stupid.

But that's what I believe, Amen.

"When did you get so... Christian?" Cherry raised her brows, okay now what?

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"I didn't mean anything by it, i'm asking a question." She retaliates, I look over to Tom, who wasn't talking to either of them.

"I mean yeah, once you pray to God that your grandma doesn't die in the hospital, and everything you asked for came true. It makes you believe in a little something more." I scoffed.

"How do you know it wasn't the doctors?" Bill asks, I licked my lips in, looking to the side.

"It's just something you know." I pulled on the church doors, stepping inside.

"Are you going to sit on the benches and watch, or judge us continuously just because we chose the better path?" I questioned Cherry.

"Okay, now no. You don't get to force your beliefs onto me, you hate it when people do that." She shakes her head. "I'm not forcing my beliefs onto you, but I sure as hell know i'm a better person then you are in this moment."

She pulled me back outside.

"Why do you think you're so high and mighty now?" She crosses her arms, oh this bitch.

"I think you should learn to respect, the fact that Tom and I chose to do this, and not ask offensive questions every five minutes. You'll never get it Cherry, so either go inside and watch, or go back home." I opened the door, going back.

Cherry and I have been friends since the seventh grade, but if she was really acting like this.

I didn't know if I wanted it anymore.

I saw Tom, coming out of the church bathroom. Wearing the big white garment, I smiled to myself, at how silly he looked in it.

"Looking very dapper Mr. Kaulitz." I teased, walking up to him.

"Why thank you." He grins, holding my waist. "Sorry, I can't take you seriously." I laughed, rising my head up a bit to give him a kiss.

Within a couple minutes, more people started arriving. Our parents, his dad, Pastor Mike, some of his friends who lived here, and just some of the church community we had going on here.

I quickly got changed, coming back out.

I took Preacher Jörg's hand, stepping into the large pool of water. Once I had fully gotten in, Tom stepped in after me.

"Okay who's going first?" He looks to both of us. "I can?" Tom suggested, I smiled and nodded. I was still so nervous, it felt like such a big deal.

"Are you ready?" Jörg placed a hand on Tom's upper back, the other one holding his nose.

"Yeah." Tom mumbles against his hand, taking a deep breath in.

"By the power vested in me, by Minnesota Baptist Church, I now baptize you, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit." I hadn't even realized, I was holding my breath, until Jörg dunked him in the water.

Everyone started clapping, as Tom came back up, including me. And I was very happy to see in the glimpse of my eye, Cherry had been watching.

Tom steps aside, giving me his hand. I went down the three small steps, submerging deeper in the water. "Hi Liv." Jörg greets me.

"Father." I greeted back, nodding slowly.

"Are you ready?" He held my upper back. "I am." I closed my eyes, preparing.

"By the power vested in me, by Minnesota Baptist Church, I now baptize you, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit." He repeats, placing a hand over my nose, he dunked me.

I let myself go, fully as I came back up. My hair falling fully over the front of my face, I put my hands underneath, the curtains of hair flipping it back words, a whole bunch more clapping echoing, throughout the room.

Immediately I went to hug Tom.

"We did it!" I squealed, pulling away. "We're still in the water." He laughs, getting out first. He grabbed one of the towels. Helping me out as well. Tom hands me the other towel.

I squeezed my wet hair into it, patting it dry.

I immediately got a bunch of people, congratulating us. I shook a lot of clammy hands, i'm not even gonna lie. But on other news, Cherry and I both apologized.

Thank goodness, that girl is like my sister. And we were both being a little dumb, i'll admit. Nonetheless, all I felt right now, was happiness. Happy because I finally found myself, happy because I love Tom, and he did this with me.

This might be my favorite memory, with him.

Psalm 118:24, This is the day the Lord has made We will rejoice and be glad in it. Lord, if You do no more, you've done more than enough.

Amen.

THE END