You Will Never Be A God

Crowley stammered as he lifted his clammy hands into a nervous submission

Crowley stammered as he lifted his clammy hands into a nervous submission. A bead of sweat trickled down his pale forehead at an excruciatingly slow pace. He heard his blood thumping in his ears.

The click of the the safety being turned off made his bones rattle and his mouth went dry. He looked at the person, wetting his greyed lips. Glancing at the man beside him and back at the person holding a gun pointed to his temple.

"You are losing my interest, that is very dangerous." They clicked their tongue, eyes narrowing viciously. Tearing apart his composure like a sand castle.

Having enough, the monochrome-themed teacher gently pushed away the weapon from his colleague's temple and firmly took it away. "Calm down, we're not going to hurt you."

In an instant, they grab another weapon from the pocket on the side of their thigh. A pistol. "I wouldn't be worrying about me in your situation. So shut up or I'll put a bullet in your skull." He tensed as he looked into their eyes, searching for any kind of hesitation or fear.

"Don't worry, I know how the safety works." They push the hammer down and with no hesitation a shot rings in his ears and he flinches. Crowley stiffens his muscles locking up, a searing pain spreading in his thigh and down his calf like cancer.

His breaths become laboured as he screams in pain, his face contorting into an expression of fear and confusion. Truly wondering if this is how he's going to go. He knows he won't last long. He crouches down to clutch his wounded limb, fingers tightly attempting to plug the hole in his thigh with a gloved finger. You pull back the barrel allowing a small cartridge to fall out with a clink as it made contact with the marble floor.