nine

*.*.*
📍SHIELD QUINJET
2012
════ ✣✤✣ ════

Cosima wasn't sure if her heart was beating wildly in her chest because she was scared of being out in the world on her own for the very first time or if it's because Captain freaking America was sitting directly across from her.

After her goodbye to Blair and quick packing, she went off with the Agent Coulson guy in a haste.

He had followed him onto this aircraft called a quinjet and they had made a second stop in another part of New York.

And that's when he walked on.

He greeted a drooling Coulson with a handshake and gave Cosima a tentative and friendly smile before sitting down in the seat across from her.

About twenty minutes in, he pulled out a newspaper - she observed that he wasn't even reading it, but pulled it out to merely seem like he was busy.

Going off of his apparent feelings, he was buzzing with nerves...but you'd never guess it from his reserved stature.

Shes pretty sure he pulled out the paper as well to make Coulson's fangirling stop.

She couldn't blame the agent, though... it's the Captain America - one of the only humans that all mutants can collectively agree to respect without an argument amongst themselves.

Captain America was a figure for everyone.

"Hello."

She blinked out of her daze and realized that bright blue eyes are staring right back at her almost curiously.

"H-Hi." she stuttered out and her entire body went numb.

"I'm Steve Rogers." he introduced himself politely, a kind smile on his face as he rolled the newspaper in his lap. "I've heard about you, what you and the X-Men do...it's remarkable."

"Thank you, Mr. Rogers." her voice was at a lower volume then averagely and her expression was meek, eyes diverting from his soft eye contact every other second. "I've learned about what you've done as well in school."

"Please, just Steve." he gently corrected with a small gesture of his hand.

A shaky smile came up on her lips as she nodded affirmatively. "Steve." she corrects herself.

-
📍 SHIELD SHIP

Once the ramp for the quinjet was down, the trio walked down it to be immediately greeted by Natasha Romanoff.

Coulson gave her a curt nod. "Agent Romanoff - Captain Rogers and X-Man, Cosima Lehnsherr."

"Ma'am?" Steve greeted almost bashfully. Talking to pretty women was always his best-friend's thing.

Natasha gave him an intimidating once over before replying monotonously. "Hi." she looks to Coulson. "They need you on the bridge. They're starting the face-trace."

Without further conversation, Coulson leaves them. "See you there."

"It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice." Romanoff comments, directed towards Steve as the trio collectively stroll. "I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" she asked with a teasing brow.