fifthteen

*.*.*
📍NEW YORK
2012
════ ✣✤✣ ════

"Jesus, where does all of that go?" Tony implored with wide eyes. "No wonder why you're so small, Charles Xavier starves you."

Cosima scanned around the table that were all looking at her with amused expressions.

She quickly chewed down the piece pita bread and swallowed, setting the wrap down onto the plastic plate.

"The Professor is actually a great cook." she defended. "I haven't eaten since I was summoned here."

"I just realized that you have an accent." the redhead observed. "German?"

"Slovakian."

"How'd you end up in the states?"

"Um..." she trails off as she dusts off her hands over her food. "Well, me and my brother got brought to the Professor's school - don't really remember how or why, we were so young."

Natasha and Clint gave one another an inconspicuous glance from across the table.

"What is the school like?" Bruce, now downsized back into his regular form, asked through a mouthful of shawarma. "I feel like the public knows everything yet nothing about it."

"There's really not much to know." she shrugged. "It's a school for mutants to learn their abilities."

"Does everyone who goes there eventually become an X-Man?"

"That's actually a good question." she said with a thoughtfulness. "I have no idea - the logistics of the X-Men are kinda new."

"I thought the X-Men were around in the 80s, no?" Tony genuinely and curiously questioned. "I have a vivid memory of being ten years old and watching the second Cuban missile crisis unfold with the nanny."

"I remember that too." Bruce recalled. "I also remember when that Magneto guy got broken out of jail in 1991."

Steve then came to a major pop culture realization. "Wait, didn't Magneto kill your parents, Stark?"

"I don't like this conversation anymore." the billionaire remarked, stuffing some fries into his mouth.

"Wait, what?" Cosima also came to this realization. "Did he?"

"Didn't you learn about this in school?" he asked through the fries.

"I mean, I've only heard bits and pieces about certain things..." she trails off, deep in thought. "Throughout the years, i've only had very light learning because of my abilities - the Professor wanted me to focus on controlling that."

"God, no wonder why you're so naive."

"Tony." Natasha warningly said his name, giving him a "seriously" glance.

His eyes then widened several centimeters and his back fell backwards against his chair. "Wait, aren't you-"

He was interrupted by the door of the damaged restaurant dinging open, causing for the still on edge heroes to look at the new visitor.