The First Time was a Great Time

A/N: First day of the new year, so here's some first time Broppy reactions💙 With some ideas from chipmunkfanno1love on Tumblr :)

                            __________________________________________________

It started with a kiss.

Well, actually, it was supposed to end with a kiss.

It had become routine in their lives for them - when they were to part ways - to share a sweet little smooch, enough to hold himself and her over until the next time that they would see each other again.

But this time, the kiss was not a conclusion. It was the beginning of a very eventful evening. One of passion, desire, romance... One that had left Poppy breathless with joy and Branch overwhelmed with exhilaration.

The blue Troll's sentiments at the end didn't reflect the ones he had felt at the start, however, when he began to realize what was happening as the innocent kiss doubled, tripled, escalating in passion and intensity. His suspicions to Poppy's intentions - and his own, for that matter - grew to a conclusion when she, rather than exit the bunker, backed them up and away from the elevator platform, her lips hardly leaving his all the while. They'd somehow found the couch among their blindness in love, and it was when she had leaned back upon it, tugging him with her that Branch distinctly remembered the immense worry that he'd felt.

Because he had been the exact opposite of crazy-prepared.

Why, if he would've known what was in store for that romantic evening disguised as a seemingly normal one, the measures would have been made to ensure that there would be nothing between them but pure bliss. He would've gotten the finest linens and softest sheets for his bed, arranging rosepetals on top. He would've dimmed the lights of his room, lit candles to set the intimate mood, maybe even turned on the radio and set it to a station with sweet serenading music to accompany the natural one that they'd be making. He wanted to ensure quality and comfort, that this would be special for them both.

However, sometime between Poppy easily sliding his vest off his shoulders and beginning to unbutton her own dress, Branch realized that such efforts were not necessary. Adoration shone in his beloved's deep, fuschia eyes, love and trust radiating in every inch of her being.

Branch found himself lost in that gaze.

Lost in her touch.

In the taste of her lips.

In the warmth of her body as they pressed themselves together, uniting the way that only lovers could.

It turned out he didn't need what he had convinced himself to be the 'right stuff' for their time together. He had it within himself the whole time, no matter how cheesy it sounded in his head.

When Branch was finished making her feel like the most cherished troll in the entire universe, he pulled away to catch his breath, still keeping her hugged close to him. There was a wordless look that was exchanged between them, something that neither of them could properly articulate as they took in that moment and basked in it. The feeling in their chests wasn't fear anymore, and, frankly, it was comical to think that it ever was.

What was there was bashfulness.

It wasn't often, after all, that they found themselves tangled in each other's arms and legs, skins brushing against skin, hearts beating in unison. Not often at all, considering that this had been the very first of this type of occasion.

Poppy blinked at him above her, astonished and perhaps a bit self-conscious about her vulnerable state. But once she got over the initial shock, a wide smile broke out, along with a merry, breathless laugh. It was light and airy, as though she couldn't quite believe the turn of events that she herself had initiated. Branch joined her laughter, caressing Poppy with the same gentle hold he carefully maintained during their tender exchange.

"So," she managed after the giddiness subsided some. "How are you feeling?"

Poppy giggled at the expression on his face, one that was of surprise. Was that even a question? There were too many feelings to keep track of right now, all heavenly. Still, it was fun to humor her, so Branch replied as best he could with the breath he could muster, nuzzling his face against hers and separating each response with a kiss.

"Amazing," he murmured, pecking her left cheek.

"Incredible," he sighed, pecking her right.

"Excited," he hummed, pressing his lips against her forehead.

"A little unsure," he admitted, smooching the tip of her pink nose playfully.

"But mostly just really, really happy," he declared, bestowing the last one upon her lips.

Poppy grinned. "Yeah... me too."

She kissed him again, never tired of the thrill that always ran through her when she did. All at once, she felt a hot, wet droplet plop against her cheek, and was stunned to find the tears that were streaking down his face.

"Branch?" she whispered with concern. She cupped his jaw, stroking softly. "Sweetie, what's the matter?"

Branch shook his head. "Nothing," he assured. "You're just so beautiful, Poppy, so amazing..." He brushed her fingers aside, taking her hand into his and bringing it up to his lips so he could kiss the back of it. "This is like a dream come true. I love you so much..."

He trailed off, attempting to compose himself for the sake of maintaining poise, but unable to stop his voice from wobbling with emotion at the end.

The Pop Queen felt her heart soar, and was able to suppress her instinct to crash her lips against his in order to reply. "I love you, too, Branch."

Poppy didn't leave the bunker that night, and found herself content to have been so lovingly kissed to sleep, curled against Branch's warm, bare torso with his chin resting on top of her hair.

And, even in her dreams that night, they had cuddled and kissed until they could no more.