One

Years later and the girl had grown into a teenager. It was her first day of her new school. She had to move away from her old one due to her parents careers.

She was straightening out her required uniform, whilst looking at herself in the mirror. She really wanted to look presentable for her first day in hopes to make new friends. At her old school, she had quite a lot of friends and was in a friend group of about 6 girls. It was a really fun group and surprisingly, there wasnt any drama. She missed her girls already and sent a quick text to the group chat for support.

"Yuwon! Are you coming?" She heard her mother shout from downstairs. She immediately grabbed her bag, making sure everything was in it, slipped her shoes on and ran downstairs. "I'm here." She smiled at her mother who was stood by the door, with her keys in her hand, waiting for the girl.

"Perfect, quickly lets go." Yuwon's mother said whilst opening the door and making a shooing gesture at the girl. Quickly, Yuwon ran to the car and got in as her mother locked the door. When ready, they set off to drop said girl off at school.

"You'll be okay, won't you sweetheart?" Her mother asked, as they were parked in the car park for school. Yuwon looked at her mother with a hint of worry in her eye, "I hope so." Her mother nodded in understanding. "You'll be fine. Is it okay if you walk home later? You can walk with your friends.. if you make any. Which you will. I just want you to start getting into the habit of walking to school. I can't drive you all the time." "Yeah. Sure." Yuwon sighed before getting out of her mother's car. She turned around after shutting the door and waved to her mother, who waved back at her.

Driving off, her mother leaves a shy and uncomfortable Yuwon to stare at the tall building that would now be her new school. Students alike were all dressed in the same uniform as her. She fit in, thankfully, and no one seemed to bat an eye. That was until she accidentally walked slightly too fast and ended up tripping a boy over. He fell right over her foot, landing on it ever so slightly. She let an audible gasp slip from her mouth as she immediately crouched down to help the boy.

He was now sat up, looking at Yuwon in embarrassment. It faltered when he didn't recognise the girl, and realised that she didn't go here. "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" She said in a panicked tone, placing her hand on his upper arm for support. "Oh no, don't worry, I'm okay." He said smiling at her reassuringly. "Are you sure? If there's anything you need-" She began but he cut her off with a laugh. "What? What is it?" She stopped and looked the boy dead in the eye, subconsciously letting her hand slip and let go of him.

"Nothing. It's just nice of you that you care so much. Are you new here? I haven't seen you around." He asked curiously, whilst finally getting up from the pavement and brushing himself off. She nodded at the curious boy, also allowing herself to stand. "I'm Seong Yuwon. Nice to meet you." She bowed at the boy. He gave her a wide smile that anyone would be able to tell was genuine. "Pretty name. I'm Kim Sunoo." The male said, also bowing.

Yuwon watched him for a minute as she felt a sense of familiarity wash over her, when he had told her his name. Feeling awkward that the girl was just staring at him, Sunoo coughed and she snapped out of her daze. He thought, that maybe, his comment about her name was unacceptable, he was now very much regretting saying it but it was only the truth.

"You okay?" He asked awkwardly. "Yes, sorry." She replied, her cheeks being tinted pink in embarrassment. "Uh, well I should go. Sorry, if I made you uncomfortable. See you around, Seong Yuwon. Don't trip anyone else up!" Sunoo had exclaimed, whilst already walking away from her. The girl shook her head a let a disappointed sigh escape her lips. Did she just almost make a friend, but ruin it with her weirdness?