2. CHAPTER

NINA

Nina got off the bus and took a black umbrella from her bag.
She stood in front of a tall building, the plaster slowly peeling off the old, faded walls. She slowly went inside. When she reached the door of her classroom, she took another deep breath, opened the door and entered. However, there was no one in the class yet, so she sat down in the third desk. She was already looking around the classroom for a long time, but suddenly the door opened. A short blonde in a coat was standing in them, her cheeks were red from the winter outside. "Hello" said a still unknown girl. She came to Nina and asked her: "What is your name?". "H-h-hello my name is Nina you?" Nina asked in a stuttering voice. "Me? My name is Lia, nice to meet you". Lia had a very pleasant, even trusting, effect on Nina. She felt as if she had found someone she could trust. Lia happily sat down with Nina and they immediately became friends. The rest of the class slowly began to arrive. "CRRRRN!" started ringing on the hour. Everyone sat down on the benches. A young, nice, dark-haired teacher came to the class. "Sit down," she said and sat down behind the chair. She turned on the computer and started recording her attendance. The class continued like any other. The teacher got to know the students and then explained the first lesson. It was math class. Like almost every student, Nina did not like this class. But Lia? She devoured mathematics with joy. She wasn't a nerd and she was just fine with it. Nina sounded nervous, to which Lia only smiled. Five minutes before the bell rang, the door flew open. A tall brown-haired boy with blue eyes came. He was all sweaty and out of breath. "I'm sorry I'm late, but there was congestion," replies the boy. "Okay, sit somewhere for now". Nina watched him with her searching eyes. But then she preferred to turn to the teacher to understand the subject matter. The end of the lesson was approaching and all the students started to pack their textbooks into their bags. Lia asked Nina: "Do you know him?" "I don't" Nina answers. "Ah, I think he is strange" says Lia.