CHAPTER ONE.

SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2006 — OXFORD, ENGLAND

I shake myself out of my sleep, my chest heaving as I fail to catch my breath

I shake myself out of my sleep, my chest heaving as I fail to catch my breath. Sweat coats my body, I hold my chest, trying to focus on my breathing.

You're fine, you're alive, it was just a nightmare.

My eyes dart to the other side of my dorm room and my roommates bed was empty — she must've stayed at her boyfriend's dorm. I can't count on my fingers the amount of times I woke her up from screaming at a nightmare.

I usually stay at Felix's dorm because he doesn't have a roommate, but he was up late working on a paper for one of his classes and he didn't want to keep me up, so I stayed in my room.

Once I caught my breath, I grabbed my flip phone from off my nightstand, opening it and punching in Felix's number. I hold the phone to my ear as it rings, he instantly picks up on the second ring. "Hey Mar, what's up?"

"How did you know it was me?" I ask timidly, getting out of my bed, holding the phone up with my shoulder as I look for clothes in my drawers.

Felix chuckles, "You know caller ID is a thing right? I have your number memorized and who else is going to call me at 7 in the morning?"

He made a vaild point.

I scratch at the back of my neck, rummaging through the piles of clothes shoved into drawers, getting rather annoyed, grabbing a pair of jeans and a t shirt. It was getting colder and I just had classes — not really a valid excuse for dressing slutty.

I laugh awkwardly, running my fingers over my forehead, "Right...Where are you? I had another nightmare and I don't really feel like being alone right now."

I hear Farleigh talking faintly in the background — Felix telling him to shut up and that he was on the phone, "Sorry...Farleigh can't keep his trap shut. We're having breakfast at the dining hall. You're free to come and join us. I'm sorry about last night and leaving you hanging alone in your dorm...I just really had to finish the paper and I didn't want to keep you up." He says sincerely.

My stomach growls at the thought of food. I start removing my pajamas, putting them into my hamper and putting on my clothes, pushing up my boobs in my bra to enhance them with the outline of my shirt.

For a moment I forget that I'm on the phone with Felix until I hear his breathing on the other side of the line. "Shit—I'm sorry, I was getting dressed. I got distracted. I'll be there soon. I love you."

Felix muttered love you back and the line ends — we say I love you instead of goodbye, it's always been our thing. We just don't like saying goodbye, so we said I love you.

I slip my phone into my pocket, grabbing my jacket, pulling it over my arms, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I run a brush through my hair, tucking some of my hair behind my ear, grabbing my bag before leaving my dorm, securely locking the door on my way out.