| 11 | Moonlight ☾

__________________________________

Saturday, June 22nd:
I walk past the waitress carrying drinks to my target's table, I 'accidentally' bump into her and slip a pill into one of the drinks, and walk away. I make my way outside of the restaurant and stand across the street and watch through the big windows. The waitress takes the drinks to the table, and the men take them, my target sips his drink. After a few minutes, he's finished half of the drink. Not a minute later the man is clutching his heart and gasping for air, people rush to him but they can't save him, not now. Soon after, his body falls to the floor and my job here is finished. I get on my bike and ride home.

Tonight I, unfortunately, have to go to that dinner party Michael won't shut up about, but there's going to be some important people there, more specifically, Logan Croft. He's my in to find whoever is at the top of this wretched 'business' I wouldn't say he's important for any reason other than for my purposes, even then he's disposable, replaceable.

"You ready?" Flynn asks as I'm putting my suit jacket on and getting my gun tucked into my waistband. "As I'll ever be," I say in a low tone as I walk outside "Be careful Adonis, don't do anything stupid" Flynn calls out to me as I get on my bike and start it up. I smirk at his words and nod before driving off. It's about a 45-minute drive, but I arrive a bit early, around 5:20.

I walk into the mansion and look around, it's your traditional mansion, boring. And smaller than mine. I make my way into the ballroom and take a glass of champagne from a waiter. I survey the room and notice the door to my far right leading out to a courtyard, and a staircase to the left, leading up to a balcony that looks over the room. I walk further into the room to get a better view of the entirety of the space, I lean against a pillar that supports the balcony, and I stay there for a few minutes, watching people come and go and looking for Logan, but instead of him, my eyes find someone else...

Holy fucking shit...

Marceline walks through the doors with Cody, her maroon satin dress hugging her curves, and long chocolate brown hair in loose curls, she's stunning. I swallow the lump in my throat and I feel the anger bubbling up inside me with each passing second, what the fuck is she doing here!? With Cody?

I'm going to kill him, chop him up into little pieces for touching what's mine.

I resist the urge to walk over there and grab her, she doesn't know me yet so that would be very problematic. They walk up the stairs and after a minute or two Michael joins them. God fucking damnit. This is the last thing I needed, for her to get right in the middle of two monsters disguised as men. She's in the middle of my business, important business I needed to work on slowly, and now that she's in it I won't be able to focus on it. This poses many problems for me, I can't kill them to get her out of this trouble she's unknowingly put herself in, and I can't rush through this or they'll get spooked.

All the problems race through my head. I'm in the middle of a thought when Michael walks up to me "Hey! Adonis, I'm so glad you made it" Michael's voice alone pisses me off, it's not necessarily annoying or anything I just hate him, which makes everything about him repulsive. "Yes, I wouldn't have missed it," I say as I plaster a fake smile on my face and change my demeanor to look less troubled and more friendly, I don't need this douchecanoe asking what's wrong. He chuckles and smiles, "Good, good," he says and pauses before speaking again, "So, I have someone to introduce you to for wine business" Michael's words both infuriate and interest me. I know he's talking about Logan, but I hate knowing what these people are doing behind closed doors.

"Perfect, I do have to ask, who's the girl with Cody?" I ask and I almost immediately regret it, why? Why ask him that Adonis? I curse myself in my head. "Oh, some girl he's toying with. Nothing you need to worry about" he dismisses my subtle concern, I fucking hate the way he speaks about her, 'some girl' she is not just 'some girl' she's everything, the most important woman to ever exist, a goddess in human form, a work of art, perfectly crafted and sculpted by God himself.

god, I look forward to killing these bastards, seeing the life drain from their eyes, making them beg for mercy.

"Ah, okay then," I say and nod. "Please, follow me and we can discuss what you're here for," Michael says, changing the subject. "Of course" I reply and he starts walking, I follow. We go through the ballroom and out into the foyer, we continue, going to the left and walking through a large common room and there is a set of doors, we walk through them and it leads to a large office, with bookshelves and a desk, couches with a coffee table between them. Two men sit on one couch, one of the men is a brunette with a smaller, athletic build. The other is a more muscular and obviously taller blonde.
I walk in and make eye contact with the blonde, the devil is in his eyes, rage, burning rage lives in his soul. I sit on the couch across from them and Michael sits on the other side of the couch, a woman comes into the room asking if we want drinks, she walks to the men and they give her their requests, the blonde eyes her up like a predator looking at its next meal. It's sickening.
She comes to me and I ask for whiskey and she nods before walking out of the room.

"Logan, Jack, this is Adonis Santoro, He's looking to get into wine business" Michael introduces us. "Hm, a Santoro huh?" Logan asks, he is suspicious of me and because my name is so well-known in the mafia seeing me outside of it is definitely different. "Yes, is that a problem?" I say, raising an eyebrow. "No, but I'm not just going to openly trust you, especially when you have no prior interest in the subject," Logan says. And I can't blame him, I would be careful too. "Of course, I'm willing to take the time to earn your trust," I say as the waitress comes back into the room, carrying a tray of drinks. Once we all have our drinks she leaves.
"Good," Logan says before sipping his drink. The brunette hasn't spoken a word since I got here, he seems nervous, not very visibly but I can tell, he's afraid of me. For whatever reason, I'm not sure but I don't blame him.

After we chatted for a lot longer than I would've liked, Logan and Jack left, and Michael excused himself as well. I went back out to the ballroom and couldn't find Marcy or Cody, which I won't lie, it pissed me off more than I'd like to admit. But, I hoped that he had just taken her home instead of the horrible looming thought in the back of my head that she was alone with him. I force myself to leave rather than search every room in this building to make sure she isn't here with him. I get on my bike and leave, I go to Marcy's apartment, but she's not there. My blood boils and I feel the rage burn in my chest, I wait. I wait for almost an hour before finally, a black Mercedes Benz pulls up to the front of her building, Cody steps out, walks to the passenger door, opens it, and extends his hand out for her to take, and she does, stepping out of the car and he says something to her and she smiles. She walks up to her apartment and he waits until she's all the way before leaving.

Fuck, I want to kill him so badly. Not yet Adonis I mutter under my breath.

After getting home I couldn't stop thinking about tonight, it temporarily stole my attention so the memories didn't resurface tonight, but they will, they always do. They come back to haunt me, torture me, and make my mind a living hell of my own design. But, due to unfortunate circumstances, I may need to speed up some of my plans with Marcy.

Looks like I will be making an introduction earlier than I thought.