CHAPTER 5: THE LINCOLN THREAT

Lynn Jr.: This is the showcase of my ball signed by Max Taylor!

The baseball that Lynn Jr. was talking about is her most precious object. Since it is a ball signed by the hero of her childhood who used to live in Royal Woods Max Taylor. At that time, he was a resident of the neighborhood and thanks to his talent, he managed to stand out as the best hitter in the place and that same talent took him to the big leagues. Lynn Jr. dreamed of becoming like him and without a doubt, the happiest day of her life was when she got that ball, however she does not remember exactly how she got it but she loves that old ball.

Lynn Jr. jumps in front of Lincoln and grabs him hard by the collar of his shirt.

Lynn Jr.: TELL ME WHERE YOU HID IT OR I SWEAR WHAT!

Lincoln: Or what? Will you hit me? Go ahead, I dare you, sore loser. Lincoln said defiantly.

Lynn Jr.: YOU ASKED FOR IT! Lynn Jr. yelled at Lincoln in the face.

Lucy: Lynn, no! The little girl ran in the direction of her older younger siblings, but was stopped when Lincoln signaled her to stop with his hand.

The athlete closed her fist with great force, took momentum and when she was about to hit her brother's cheek.

Lincoln: Do it and you could say goodbye to your precious ball.

As if it were a well-calibrated mechanism, Lynn Jr.'s fist stopped inches from her brother's right cheek upon hearing those words.

Lynn Jr. looked at Lincoln angrily, but just looking into his eyes, she saw his determination and understood that he wasn't kidding, under his fist.

Lincoln: That's how I like it, now let me go or I won't be able to assure you that your precious ball is fine.

Lynn Jr. contained with all her being the desire to hit Lincoln and complies with orders without disobeying.

Lincoln: Now that Lynn has calmed down, I have a statement to tell you sisters. As you know, this week, a series of events occurred, obviously influenced by you, which led me to wonder if I am really loved in this family or if they see me more as a being of bad luck.

Leni: No, Lincoln... we...

Lincoln: Shhh, silence, Leni, well, how to say, what happened this last time led me to the conclusion that this goes beyond bad luck and I came to believe that you have something more against me, from the smallest to the largest. Maybe before I would have apologized and would have done whatever it took to get their forgiveness, they hurt me and made fun of me.

Lincoln was silent for a few seconds while he looked angrily at each sister's face.

Lincoln: Now, as you know, I have the object most dear to Lynn and she will do what I tell her if she wants to see it again, and perhaps you will think that I also have your most precious objects, which they are. The first tiara that Lola won in her first contest, Mr. Coconuts, Luna's guitar, Bobby's first love letter, Lucy's secret diary, Lisa's life's work, if you can call it her life's work at 4, Leni's favorite dress and Lana's Swiss Army knife.

All his sisters shuddered.

Lynn Jr.: Hey!!!

The rest of the sisters sighed quietly.

Lincoln: However, I have something that they will want sooner or later...my pardon.

They all looked confused.

Luna: Bro, what the hell are you talking about?

Lincoln: Thanks for asking, well, how do mom and dad know? Since we were little, they instilled in us a series of values and ideals that are integrated into our person, sometimes they are clouded by our stubbornness, pride, envy, etc. However, we always end up doing things right at the end of the day. Now, maybe some of them don't feel it right now, but sooner or later they will feel how guilt invades them inside, like the disgusting smell of Lori's gases that invades the house when she finishes eating burritos.

Lori: Hey!! Lori exclaimed embarrassed.

Lincoln: You will see how little by little that guilt, that regret will consume you from the inside and will come for me in search of forgiveness and I...I will not give it to you.

Luan: Haha! Your pardon if of course, good one, Lincoln, I have to write it down.

Lincoln: If you laugh while you can...clown.

Luan stopped her laughter abruptly and began to think "Where have I heard that name before?"

Lincoln: Anyway, I also tell you that I will not do anything with you, neither family outings nor help you, I will only dedicate myself to living together and doing my chores at home from now on. And be careful trying to make me sleep outside again, or you'll know what I'm capable of.

Lynn Jr.: You are unlucky! You will kill us all, you little American psychopath! She screams furiously.

Lincoln: Guess how much I care!

Lynn Jr.: Where is my ball?

Lincoln: Look in dad's keepsake box in his closet.

Lynn Jr.: You don't know what awaits you when I get my ball back!

Lynn Jr. came shooting into her parents' room.

Lincoln: That's all, have a good day!

Lincoln went back up the stairs to his room.

The rest of the sisters scattered from alone with puzzled faces.

Luan also went up to her room, entered the room she shared with her rocker sister and sat on her bed for a few minutes thoughtful.

Luan: Little clown... Where did I hear that before?

It took a few more minutes and suddenly her face lit up.

Luan: I know!

The comedian jumped out of bed and went to check her boxes of family videos, after a while, she found what she was looking for.

Luan: Aha, here it is!

She quickly turns on the TV and cassette player and pops in an old VHS called "Bunny and the Clown."

Luan hits the play button.