Prologue

Deep in the forgotten sea was an island paradise that was the home to the gods. All twelve deities lived together on this island, happy to be worshiped by the mortals. Everything was perfect. The island was around twelve miles in diameter, full of different kinds and colors of plant life. There was a crystal pool in the middle of the island, the water so clear and sparkling that one could see the bottom. There were golden flowers with little gems on the petals. Many kinds of mythological animals ranging from fire birds, to kitsune, to wolpertingers. The floral life ranged from jaded greens to deep purples to shining gold. From carnivorous plants to sentient floral, the island was alive in all aspects. Animals roamed all over. The deities shielded the island from outside using their powers.

Surrounding the lake were twelve temples, one for each deity. Each temple turned the clear water a different tint. The four temples on the north side belonged to Aetherion, Suka, Naturauna, and Imu. The four temples on the east side belonged to Nika, Nemelea, Shikè, and Alexstia. The four temples on the west side belonged to Aphromes, Beretune, Demeone, and Anusis. The south side had one giant temple for all of them. The southside temple was pure marble, had an open porch and columns holding up the roof of the temple that shaped upward, meeting together to make a diamond point.

Aetherion was the god of the sky and weather. His temple was deep gray granite, with gold flakes. The temple had clouds as the ceiling, the clouds changing depending on the mood of the god. The water in front of his temple had a dark tint to it. Suka was the goddess of the moon and the sea. She was the wife of Aetherion and the sister of Nika. Her temple was obsidian with jewels dented into the obsidian, looking like a starry sky. Her temple had an open hole in the ceiling to track the movements of the moon. The water in front of her temple was tinted purple. Naturauna was the goddess of the earth and animals and the sister of Aetherion. Her temple was jade and covered in moss and other flowers. A tree grows out of the temple, its foliage being the ceiling. The water in front of her temple was tinted emerald green. Imu was the deity of control and the underworld. They were together with Nika. Imu's temple was all black, all gloomy, and resembled a strict prison. The water in front of her temple was tinted black.

Nika was the god of the sun and freedom. His temple was made out of white marble and glowed with golden sunlight. The ceiling was fully open to allow as much sunlight inside. The water in front of his temple was tinted gold. Nemelea was the goddess of revenge, justice, and forgiveness. She was the daughter of Nika and Imu. Her temple was white and black swirled marble. Her temple resembled a barracks more than an actual temple. The water in front of her temple was tinted red. Shikè was the goddess of failure and victory, the daughter of Nika and Imu. Her temple resembled a dojo and obstacle course. The water in front of her temple was tinted off white gold. Alexstia was the goddess of family and protection, the daughter of Suka and Aetherion. Her temple resembled a cozy cabin found in the woods. The water in front of her temple was tinted a comforting fiery orange.

Aphromes was the god of emotions and trickery, the son of Aetherion and Suka. His temple was rose gold marble and resembled an original Greek temple full of tidbits from his trickery. The water in front of his temple was tinted rose gold. Beretune was the god of luck and wealth. His temple was pure gold, resembling a mansion. The water in front of his temple was tinted a striking gold. Demeone was the god of food and harvest, the son of Naturauna. His temple resembled an old farmhouse and bakery. The water in front of his temple was tinted a warm coffee color. Anusis was the god of life and death, the son of Nika and Imu. His temple resembled a hospital with black, white, and red marble swirled together. The water in front of his temple was tinted a bluish green.

The twelve deities lived on this island from the beginning until Imu had enough. Power-hungry for control, they attacked the island and tried to overthrow everyone. Imu had Aphromes and Beretune on their side, promising them more power and riches. All lies. They had no intention of sharing their power. After Imu destroyed the temples, the other deities fled and went into hiding for centuries. Only recently have they returned, choosing one person to bless.