Chapter 4: Chase

I feel like I am frozen to my place from the fear. 

"OOF!"

Augustine threw his bag at the head of this... what even is this!? Looks like a weird mix of a deer, bear and a man. Anyway... Whatever this is stumbled a few steps backward wich should buy us enough time to start running.

"You just HAD to JINX IT...! WHAT ARE YOU STANDING AROUND FOR!?! RUN!!!"

We start running with all the power our frozen leegs can give. After a few seconds the monster notices us and starts chasing us around the woods. We have to dodge a lot of stuff on the way.

( A/N: Just a quick information: You can also die during the chase and not only before it! But that would've been too complicated to write since it's basicly nothing different... )

"ACK..!!!"

"WINNIE!?!"

"WHA...! OWOWOW..."

Oh fuck, I tripped over my own damned feet!! Now my legs hurt even more than before...!

"Sorry...I tripped a 'lil-! I'll be fine, so you should-"

"DON'T PULL THAT SCRIFICE CARD. JUST GET UP ALREADY!!"

Without another word Augustine pulls me up.

"Haah..! Thank you...!! You saved me...!!"

" Shut up, we're not over it yet! There's nowhere to hide with how flat and wide this field is- it's impossible to driv it away!! And we're going to be out of breath every second now because of that god damn snowstorm! What the HELL do we do!?"

"Wait, wait- Auggie!! I've got a plan..!! Hear me out!! The floor we're standing on right now, I think it's ice...! If we slam our foot down hard enough, we can make it crack! We can guide the monster to come towards our direction, and on its way to us it'll step on the crack... And with the ice not bein able to handle its weight, the monster'll fall right in under the water!"

"Are you INSANE!? What if WE fall in too!?!"

"Do YOU have a better idea!?!"

"Gh...N...no..."

"EXACTLY! We'll get caught if we waste more time! Come on!!"

"I GOT it, don't tell me what to do!"

"LET'S STOMP ON IT AT THE SAME TIME! READY? ONE..."

"TWO...!"

We stomp on the ice multiple times, until it cracks. 

"We did it!!!" , we exclaim proudly.

In the moment the monster steps on the crack it grows and forms a hole, that the monster falls into.  

"YES, IT'S WORKING!! IT'S GOING DOWN!!"

"...Wait, the crack's spreading wider than I thought it-"

""wWOOOUUULLD-AAAAHHHHH!?"

"AUGUSTINE!!!"

I managed to catch him right in time.

"G...Gotcha!"

"I KNEW IT!!! I KNEW WE'D GET MESSED UP IN THIS SOMEHOW!!! WHAT DID I TELL YOU!?! Hgk... How deep IS this hole...!? It's basicly a cliff!! What the hell is going on with this place...!? It just oesn't make sense! Alright- pull me up, hurry!"

I...i can't move my hands or my arms...! They're frozen into place...!

"Augustine..."

"...Winnie?"

"What should I-...What should I do...? Ehk...I... I can't... feel my... hands...I can't... put... any...  strengh in them... it's all frozen... I feel like... my fingers are going to... fall off... a any second... I can't-... I can't pull you up...!! I'm rying to but it just won't let me... What do I do..? What do we do...?"

Now I can't stop tears of fear rolling down my cheeks...

"...Don't. Don't do that. Don't you do that with me. You think this is funny? It's not. I'm being serious.
Stop joking around and pull me up."

Does he seriously think I'm joking...!? I am having a full on panic attack over here man!

"It's NOT... It's NOT a joke, I WISH it was but it's NOT...!! I'm sorry, I'm sorry- I'm- I'm trying but no matter how hard I try to hold on, I just can't...!!"

His pupils shrink to the size of a ricecorn and he whispers:

"Don't let go. Please don't let go. I'm your friend. We're friends... We are friends right?"

I open my mouth to answer but in that moment Augustines hands slip out of mine and I watch him fall down the cliff in horror.

_____________________________________________________________________

Uhm hi I'm back (...again)  :)
The next chapters are going to be hell for me because you only see Augustines perspective in the game and I'll have to come up with something good. TwT
Anyways I have sudden Motivation to finish this book this week! I hope it'll work!
Byee <3