CHAPTER 2:

Lily Collins as Kyla Baker

My alarm blared as I woke up, angry that it was 7:00 am already.

I groaned as I struggled to get out of bed. When I failed, I just lay there for 10 minutes, just staring up at the ceiling. It was the smell of pancakes that finally made me get out of bed and to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, then let it air dry while I brushed my teeth then went downstairs.

"Hurry up honey! You don't want to be late for your first day of senior year!!" My mom yelled as I took the plate of pancakes and began stuffing my mouth with the breakfast delight.

"Mom, this year isn't any different from last year except now you have to decide where you want to go to decide what to do with the rest of your life." I managed to say with a mouth full of pancakes.

As I was finishing up my breakfast, I packed the two most important school supplies in my backpack: earphones and a charger. I put my plate in the sink, zipped up my bag, then went upstairs to get my phone, then came back downstairs.

"HOLY DEMONS WHAT IS THIS IT FEELS LIKE A THOUSAND JOHN CENA'S ARE ON MY BACK CRUSHING ME DOWN" I screamed out as I put on my backpack. I managed to get the bag on without myself tipping over then headed out the door as I heard my mom say "Good luck honey!" I yelled back "I don't need luck! I have Siri!" Then shut the door and walked the short distance from here to Thomas Edison High School. Well, with the help of Siri of course.

------------------------------------------

Author's note: wow i haven't updated since january i'm such a mess i'm sorry.

so school started again and I only decided to continue writing this crappy version of what seems to be a teenage love story because I had no homework for tonight and decided 'why the hell not'. so enjoy this chapter while I edit my next one and it's almost 11:00 pm......whoops.

-Layan