Prologue

"Do we really need him. I mean it's already crowded here" grumbled Idris. The others knew that he just didn't want to share.

"But don't you want a taste? Aren't you curious about why we need this little pup to keep us stable?" Calix cooed, running his hand down Idris' chest. Fox quickly pulled him away for multiple reasons. Firstly, the two would have probably started kissing and gotten distracted but also, he was slightly jealous and Calix knew it. He turned around in Fox's arms and kissed him instead. "There you go baby. You want more?" he whispered into Fox's ear but Asmodeus spoke up before Fox could respond.

"Okay focus, for fucks sake! We don't have a lot of time. We aren't the only ones looking to get him. If The Order gets to him first, they'll kill him and mail us his head" he growled, effectively cutting off all the playfulness in the room. They all turned to watch the surveillance footage showing their eighth piece.

"Well if he's ours then we'll have to get him" Holden declared, his eyes holding an evil glint. "I couldn't agree more" Fox grinned.

"I'll be damned if I let those imps have one up on us" Alsan declared, his eyes also fixed on the prize.

"Let's try to not make this complicated. I'm in no mood for unnecessary drama" Jules begged from his position in Idris' arms, resting against his chest. Fox glared longingly at their embrace but said nothing. He was too afraid to.

It was settled then. They had a mate to capture and maybe even a heart to win. Not that they'd let him go even if they failed in the latter.