Preview

Ruhi:

My new head professor's eye fell upon me, "So, we have a new student, here" he expressed staring at me. Well, Ekansh was busy going through the patient's case sheet and hadn't lifted his head to glance at him. I eyed him before, glancing back at the fifty-year-old professor in scrubs in front of me. "Introduce yourself, doctor." My head professor demanded.

"I am Ruhi Kaur, sir. From Ludhiana, Punjab." That was when Ekansh's eyes fell upon me, which I found the moment I eyed at him. He looked shocked more than surprised. We started at each other for a second before I drifted my gaze back to other senior doctors, who stood around the patient's bed. They were 8 in number. My head professor introduced them to me. And not to forget my husband Ekansh Razdan hadn't stopped staring at me. His eyes narrowed at me. Would he care, if I hadn't used his family name instead of mine? I guess, he wouldn't. And to care, he should accept me as his wife, in the first case. 

"What's going on, why Dr. Ekansh is staring at Ruhi constantly?" Rayan whispered behind me. It was enough for our fellow batchmates to hear out. And instantly a comment came out from one of them.

"Like you, he might have also developed a crush on her," Avinash commented, teasing him. Neither of them knows that Ekansh is married to me. And this is the biggest secret of my life, which I have to keep buried in my heart.

One after the other we attended the cases of the ward and after that two of us were allocated one case.

Before leaving Head professor called me. Along with him Ekansh and other two lady docs stood beside him.

"Dr. Ruhi, all of your colleagues have a mentor," he informed and then his gaze went to Ekansh. "Dr. Ekansh..." my heart skipped a beat. "Until the actual doc comes back, I am allowing you as her mentor. As she already missed a month's syllabus of GM, after her classes take her private classes whenever you have time."

"Ok. Professor," Ekansh agreed with a nod. Then he looked at me. "Today at 4 in my cabin." The way he spoke and the way he was staring at me, I interpreted that it's gonna be more than just a class.

"Ok Ek... Sir" I corrected immediately and walked away from him. I should keep in my head that he is just not my husband but my senior professor too.

****

Firstly, I want to explain about the location of the story. It will be plotted both in Punjab and New Delhi. Ekansh is from Amritsar and Ruhi is from Ludhiana. While they both work in the same hospital, it's located in Delhi. 

Secondly, I am from South India but I can speak in Hindi. Well, it's a mixture of Urdu and Hindi. Therefore, I don't know much Punjabi but I tried using a few here and there a few Punjabi words. If any of you have to point out any mistake from my side, you are welcome but please keep in mind don't harass me for my writing or using the words which are not correct. I know what I am writing, and even typing a single line, needs a lot of hard work and energy. I am ready to take advice, suggestions, and criticisms but not insults. 

Here is the list of a few characters, which are so important in the book. Some multiple people also play important roles in the book but I better thought of giving preference to only these people.

Ekansh Razdan: Male protogonist

Ruhi Kaur: female protogonist

Kirpal Razdan: grandfather of Ekansh

Sujjan Kaur: grandfather of Ruhi. 

Note:

Bond to Him is one of my favorite stories. I had written this long ago and kept it safe in my draft. But I keep reading it whenever I miss the book. Yeah, I miss this book so much. It's like a gem to me. And finally, I decided to publish it so that, you all can read the magnificent love story of Ekansh and Ruhi. 

I am focusing on my ongoing stories too. I missed some of the drafts of those books, so, it might take a few days to recall the incidents and pen it down. But no loss of hope, I will update them. Updates will be random. As I have a cute but notorious baby to care for,  I want you all to stay patient for updates.

I am even planning to continue the second season of Ishika and Ishaan. It will stream about their son Rohan Sharma. That will most probably be in 2025 after March. Maybe I will update the preview of the book next month and put it on hold. (#5 in doctor series)

After I finish that, my book will be on Aditya and Roshni's son, Kabeer Kashyap. (#6 in the doctor series)

For now, enjoy the book and you can expect the updates to be on weekdays.