(8)

hello...' I could see in the stats, 30 regular readers...not bad. I mean there are a few who love my work. Thank you for reading and please keep reading. Soon, you will give your heart to his work of mine. 

Moreover there is gonna be a lot in coming chapters. Hot and cute romance with no *mature contant*. And I know you all will love the senior and junior doctor relationship of Ruhi and EKanhs. It will start after 2 chapters. 

Ruhi:

"Will we be friends after divorce?" Ekansh asked, taking me completely off guard. I thought for a moment. He will have a happily ever after with Anthra and staying connected with him will only hurt me.

"No, 'cause Anthra will not like it," I replied otherwise and it's even true.

"You will be my first..." he cut off when I stared at him. "I mean I want to take care of you." Though I felt the truth in his words, I dismissed it.

"You should think from the girl's side too. No one will be happy to have a third wheel in their life. And I don't want to hurt her." I took another spoonful of my ice cream.

We walked in another minute of silence. "Can I ask you something?' He started.

'Why hadn't you dated anyone?"

I smiled. I am 22, but when I was 18 my dadu said that Ekansh would be my life partner. "First, connecting emotionally to someone is not my cup of tea and second, dadu decided you to be my husband so I had no interest in seeing another man."

He fell in complete silence. "But I went against their decision," he muttered and I did feel guilt in his words.

"Love is so colourful Ekansh.  When you start seeing its true colour, it's hard to stop yourself. You saw true beauty in Anthra and you couldn't stop your heart from loving her."

"You just said that a female can't bear a third wheel. Don't you feel hurt because of Anthra?" Once again he said something, which surprised me. 

I laughed to hide my hurt, "You didn't give me a right of your wife to feel it. And other than that I should have feelings for you, which I don't." The last sentence was partly true and partly wrong. Something is growing in my heart for him. Something is making me feel disquiet in my brain for him. There is a hurt that I am trying to subside by doing my favourite things.

He stared at me for a long moment and I found it through the corner of my eyes.

The drive back to the mansion wasn't as cheerful as it was to the Blue Royal Hotel. We stayed in complete silence.

We came back to the mansion. I insisted him to take the bed and I took the couch. Before I fall for him, we have to plan the divorce. Because he can't be without Anthra and I can't force him into a loveless relationship and end up my life like my mom.

The next morning, we both woke up with a knock on the door.  Gurpreet informed us that all elders want our presence at the breakfast table. We had no more than ten minutes to freshen up. So we ended up brushing our teeth together in the bathroom.

I laughed when we were roaming in the bathroom, bumping into each other. "Everything is so funny to you, Ruhi!" He scolded me and requested me to step out so that he could do his business. 

We were late at breakfast but no one said a word. While having breakfast Kirpal Dadaji asked my dadu, "Sajjan, should we pay a visit to the fields?"

"Of course, Kirpal." My dadu agreed with him.

"Can I come with you?" I whisper-asked.

"Yes, you can," Dadu said, permitting me and at the same time, Kirpal Dadaji added, "Ekansh will accompany you."