(11)

Ruhi:

It's been two days since we were back in Amritsar and Ekansh's behaviour was still the same. Ignorant and nonchalant. He took the bed and I took the couch. I kept myself occupied with medicine or surgery books. He kept himself out of his room. And he comes during the night.

Meanwhile, my thoughts wandered to new things welcoming into my life.

The new college, new people and new environment with new professors. I am sure their teaching will be excellent and we will have enough patients to practice but I have no idea how much of the syllabus they have taught and how much I missed.

I don't have any friends from my old university, so, I don't have any heartbreak unlike other fellas, who are still mourning with crying emojis in the WhatsApp group. I decided to leave the group once I started my new university.

As the college is starting from the day after tomorrow, we will be leaving for Delhi tomorrow on Papaji's private plane. I packed my things. Till now I stayed in a dorm provided by my old University. But now I will leave with Ekansh in his bungalow. And I have to get my things from my old dorm room too.

I packed my clothes and a few things in two trolley bags. While Ekansh was packing his bags, I offered my help but he refused straight on my face with just a shake of his head. When he said he didn't want to speak with me, he meant those words, cause I hadn't heard a single word for two days.

He stayed sore with me and his behaviour was only hurting me. Yet, he continued his behaviour. Maybe this is his plan to end things. But how will I stay with him under the same roof and for how long?

The next day arrived and our bags were pulled out of his room to place in the car's trunk. I took everyone's blessings before leaving the mansion.

"Gurpreet will come with you," Maa informed. "If you need anything you will ask her, okay!" I nodded my head. Her eyes were wet as I parted from her. Maa was more like a friend to me rather than a mother-in-law. I am so lucky to have her.

Later, we three, Ekansh, Gurpreet and I drove to the empty field for a private plane. Ekansh was the first to step inside followed by me. I sat on one side and he was on another side of the plane.

Waqt badal gaya aur rishte bhi. Kuch nahi badla toh, wo hai tanhayi. Wo kal bhi thi aur aj bhi. Aur Lagta hai sirf wo hi ab humari zindagi ki aur humari sathi rehgi.

Time has changed, and so have relationships. The only thing that hasn't changed is my seclusion. It was present yesterday, and today, and I guess it'll stay for the rest of my life.

Gurpreet sat with the air hostess in the first-row seats. Now and then my gaze drifted towards him but his eyes were constantly struck to the sky.

"Huff!" I sighed and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes when the air hostess served us some complimentary food and drinks.

After the flight landed, a car arrived to pick us up. I sat down on the back seat in silence.

We reached the bungalow, which was in the centre of the city. It was a one-storey house.

And after three days eventually, I get to hear his voice, "We will stay in different rooms. Your room is on the left side and mine on the right," He acknowledged once we were alone in the living room.

"Did I do anything?"

"Nothing. But yeah, when we decided to end things, there shouldn't be any emotional attachment between us. You will live your life and I will live mine. I will not ask you anything about your personal life and you will do the same."