Chapter 8

November 2nd, 9:30PM

Milo's POV:

My head pounded, making my skull seem like it was being slowly crushed. I closed the bedroom door behind me, trying not to wince at the sound. By the time I got home, Leon was sleeping deeply in the centre of our bed. He didn't move a muscle, nor make a noise. I figured he was probably exhausted, seemingly coming down with some bad illness.

Gently, I walked over and placed myself on the edge of the bed, trying not to take him. I ran my hand over where I thought his shoulder was, and something nagged at the back of my mind. My thoughts began to race, running with the paranoia instead of rationalizing. Whisperings of another vampire pulled at my skin, and images of Leon leaving with someone else burned my brain.

Ignoring it, I pulled off my street clothes and changed into something more comfortable. I was tempted to pour myself a glass, but I decided that sleep was really what I needed. Still, I tried to stretch the stress out of my limbs before climbing into bed. An ache had settled, accumulating while I was at work and worsening on the drive back home.

My arm went around Leon, when that same feeling appeared in the back of my mind. It seemed like Leon's for was just a little too soft... almost as if it was made of-

"Pillows," I grunted, looking down in confusion at the pile that was left under the blankets.

My heart tripped and fell as soon as I noticed a small, folded up piece of paper placed next to the 'head' pillow.

My love,

I knew that you could never make the decision to let me go, so I can't force you. I know what we both must do, and I know that the only way to do what is already started is to leave. It is my greatest hope that I will return to you the same as I left, but I'm sure we're both aware of the implications of this choice I have made for us.

Though I know you can, I ask of you, please don't come and try to find me. I still need to give myself time to gather my wits and my courage.

I didn't want it to come to this, but like I said, it has already been set into motion. The mark is already starting to form, and I know I'm running out of time to finish. I don't expect you to understand my decision, but I do know that I love you. I will never stop loving you, bond be damned.

The past year has been the most joyous, freeing time of my life, and it can never be replaced or overshadowed.

Forever yours,

Leon <3

My mouth hung open long enough to collect bugs, and I studied the page for so long it made my eyes blur and burn from not blinking. As my own tears began to silently fall, I noticed the small, circular smudges that dotted the bottom of the page.

For the second time that night, my heart cried.