you were half-asleep when you cuddled closer to matt for warmth. when winter approached, the apartment always felt colder whether the heater was on or not. matt never noticed the temperature drop or if he did, he never commented on it, but it didn't matter. he was eternally warm anyway.

"quit touching me," he mumbled, nearly asleep as well, "your feet are cold."

you didn't move away. if anything, you moved closer. "i can't help that you have the internal body temperature of molten lava and i have one of ice."

you felt his chest fall with a sigh before he rolled away to get out of bed.

"what are you doing?" you asked while rubbing your eyes and propping yourself up on your elbow.

"saving myself," he said and walked out of the room. you were too tired to get up and follow him so you stayed where you were, rolling over onto his side of the bed because it was warmer.

after a little bit, matt strolled back in and went to the dresser, opening his sock drawer. you watched in curiosity as he grabbed a pair and walked over to you. he took a seat at the end of the bed and pulled the blanket back to grab your foot.

"they're like ice, baby. i don't know how you function," he told you while slipping one of his socks onto your foot. once it was fully on, the heel of the sock went a bit past your actual heel since his socks were a bit bigger than your own, but his socks were also thicker than yours. after he put the other sock on you, he put the blanket back over you and left the room once more, only to come back in with a mug in his hands.

"what's that?" you inquired when you scooted back to let him lay on his side again.

"tea," he stated when he got in bed with you again, pulling you to cuddle into his side. "to help warm you up."

you took the mug from his hands and took a sip, feeling the warm liquid fall down your throat. after a few more sips, its warmth spread throughout your chest. as you drank the tea, matt let his hand rub up and down your arm, the friction from it providing you some heat as well.

"thank you," you told him as you reached across him to place the mug on his nightstand. you, then, settled yourself against his chest and pressed a kiss to the patch of skin closest to your lips.

"are you any warmer?"

"yeah," you sighed, content.

he smiled, though you couldn't see it. "good."