1. The End Of Summer

Saturday, September 2

Bluey was packing her school bag with her supplies for Monday. She was having trouble stuffing everything in while leaving room for her lunch to fit. "Why don't you just put all your paper in your binder and get your pencil case ready? It's how I got my lunch kit to fit." Bingo suggested. Bluey attempted her suggestion and eventually everything fit snuggly with room to spare. Bluey picked up her bag and transferred it to the hallway in front of the door. "Hey Bluey! You exited for tomorrow?" Bandit joked. "I suppose" the Blue Heeler replied as Bandit left to go talk to Chilli in the kitchen.

Bluey was now almost as tall as her dad and she had started to get a few more spots like her mum. She still had the remaining scars on her foot but she didn't mind them as much now. Her fur had grown enough to cover them up and the markings became less noticeable. Also she got a bit of a haircut and what used to be there was now replaced with smooth fur just like when she was younger. 

Bingo was also starting to get a few more spots on her back and a white ring around her stomach just like Bandit had. Also she no longer had Brandy's haircut and she had moved onto having it a smooth coat with a few stray hairs sticking out.

Jack's appearance was also starting to change a little. Not only was he now up to Rusty's nose in height but he started to get a little brown patch on his nose just like his dad had. He had always been happy to have looked more like his mum since the incident but now with the patch on the side of his face he looked more like his dad than ever. It bothered him. He tried covering it up with makeup but it would always end up smeared off or not strong enough to hide the patch. He tried to cover it the best he could while he tried to come up with a solution but unfortunately he couldn't find one. 

Mackenzie was also starting to get a bit of a spot on his snout just like Jack had except his was more faded and grey. He didn't mind it and just let it be in peace and not pestering with it. Mackenzie was also just a few centimetres away from reaching his dads height. He couldn't wait to be tall and tower over the sevens just like the old nines did to him. The very thought amused him. The Border Collie had also gotten a haircut. It was now shorter and in nearly the same style that Brodie's was in. 

Not much had changed with Rusty. His fur had gotten a little bit darker but nothing too serious. He had gotten a tad bit taller too but again, nothing serious. He had adopted his dad's old hairstyle aswell. A few small spikes on each side held up by some gel. 

Jean-Luc hadn't changed much at all aside from getting a bit taller. 

Brodie had managed to grow out his hair a little more and he had gotten a bit taller too. He also broke his wrist during the final weeks of summer while riding his bike. He was in a green cast up to just before his elbow. It made him a bit nervous about going back to school, especially since the danger that the boys had told him about that seemed to conveniently happen to them every year. He wanted to protect himself and Honey in case anything happened again but with his wrist being basically shattered he wasn't able to do much. 

Honey hadn't changed a lot. She began looking a bit more like her mother but other than that nothing had changed. 

As Monday drew closer everyone was getting ready for the first day of school and the dangers that they might face again. Everyone was prepared this time, everyone except Honey, mainly due to the fact that no one warned her due to her being a bit faint of heart with emotions and she might get scared of being near them.

This year no one was going to die, at least not one of them.