Chapter 8

I have to be truthful. I was super nervous. I didn't just have butterflies in my stomach, I had the whole freaking zoo. I was about to spend almost the whole day with my idols and their relatives.

"Welcome to Casa de Lynch." Riker opened the front door and the first thing I saw was Rocky giving Rydel a piggyback ride. Fortunately, they hadn't noticed us and ended up walking into the backyard. I exchanged glances with Riker and we both had confused looks.

"Let's go introduce you to my mom. She'll want to meet our new friend." Riker told me as he led me to the kitchen. There was a group of about four ladies cooking, preparing the tables and whatnot, but I immediately recognized his mom at the sink.

"Mom?" Riker asked, clearly having not found her yet. She turned around and as soon as she laid eyes on us, her face lit up. "You must be Riker's new friend! He's told me many good things about you. It's so nice to finally meet you! What was your name again?" She asked as she walked towards me.

"My name's Kiara and it's nice to finally meet you too Mrs. Lynch!" I answered her. "Honey, you can just call me Stormie." She gave me a big hug and I hugged her back. "Well, mostly everybody is here, but they're out in the backyard. Lunch should be ready in about an hour." Stormie told us.

"Okay, we're gonna go in the backyard then." Riker replied. "Wow, she must like you already. She hardly lets our friends call her Stormie." He told me as we exited the kitchen.

He grabbed my wrist and it took all my self-control not to freak out. We got to the glass door that led to where everyone else was and he let go of me.

He slid the door open and I saw about 50 different things going on at once. I could see Ellington, Rocky, and Rydel were playing what seemed like an intense soccer game, while Ross was arm wrestling with another blonde boy. Lots of people I didn't know were also playing a variety of other games around the yard. I even saw Ryland & Mark playing football with other family and friends.

Nobody seemed to notice us until Riker shouted 'hey'. Then it got awkward.

Everybody stopped what they were doing and stared at us. I tried my best not to blush and look presentable as he introduced me. I waved and most said 'hi' back then immediately went back to their games.

"So do you wanna go play?" Riker asked as he turned to me. "Yeah. Uhm, do you think we could play soccer?" I asked shyly. "Sure. Let's go!" He agreed and we walked over to the makeshift soccer field.

"Hey, mind if we join?" Riker asked them. "Sure! We were just about to play another game anyways!" Rydel told us. We picked teams and it was Riker, Rocky, some others, and I against Rydel, Ellington, and more people I didn't know.

We drifted to our respective positions and before the game started, I heard Ell taunt "I'll go easy on you." I raised my eyebrows at him. Oh, that's how he wants to play? Fine. It's about to go down.

Somebody blew a whistle and that's when the game began. Let's just say I was on the varsity soccer team in high school. Riker stole the ball from Rydel in the beginning and started dribbling towards the goal. Someone from the other team got the ball, but Rocky stepped in and retrieved it.

We were almost to the goal when he passed it to me. Ellington started coming after me and tried to steal the ball, but I quickly shot it towards the goal. The goalie tried desperately to block it, but it sailed effortlessly into the net.

"Victory!" Somebody shouted and we all celebrated a little. I did a small happy dance like the rest of my team. "In yo face!" I bragged to Ellington as I clapped my hands and made an explosion gesture. He looked a little shocked as he asked me, "How are you so good at soccer?" I laughed.