𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗: 𝕴𝕴 - 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖔𝖓𝖐

𝕵𝖚𝖑𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖍, 1918

Maybe, some royal families weren't meant to have happy endings.

Maybe, some royal families didn't deserve it.

Maybe, I didn't deserve it.

Maybe, some royal families are just born with tragedy and despair in their blood.

Maybe,

The Bolsheviks never killed them.

Maybe,

Yakov Yurovsky was never granted the "go-ahead" from the Ural Regional Soviets.

Maybe,

Vladimir Lenin had let my siblings live.

Maybe,

Just maybe.

Had I not been diagnosed with congenital heart disease, maybe, I would have been strong enough to convince my father to make smarter decisions for the sake of Mother Russia.

Maybe, the Bolsheviks didn't exist, the revolution's never happened, there is no war, no deaths, but even in this seemingly 'happy' world...

The Romanovs are still damned to fall.

1909, 𝕺𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖇𝖊𝖗 8𝖙𝖍

Aleksander was hardly ever worried about Alexei. He was just like him, but he knew how to handle it. Aleksander knew the consequences of his decisions. But, he wasn't fond of paying the price.

In the garden, Alexei had fallen over. Aleksander knew this was coming, letting Alexei play outside when he's just turned five, what idiocy.

Despite his resentment, he felt worried about Alexei, he was only a child. Aleksander felt unsettled around Alexei. He didn't like to see his family hurt. He didn't like to see anyone hurt.

--

Alexei's cries could be heard throughout the castle. His screams fill the deadly silence. His screams of pain echoed throughout the frail walls of the castle.

Even when I shut the doors and buried my head into my pillow under the covers, Alexei's cries still rang painfully through my ears.

I tried to block them out, but with all the chaos invoked amongst the people of the castle, it was nearly impossible.

Until a man by the name of Rasputin was called to the castle.

--

"Is he alright?" I ask. I carefully make my way through the doors of his bedroom.

"He will be," Mother sits beside his bed, brushing her hand through his hair.

He looks so peaceful...

So frail...

So small...

Was I ever so peaceful...?

"-...Aleksander?"

I snap out of my thoughts as my mother calls my name.

"Hmm?" I say. "Did you say something, mother?"

Mother glances at me weirdly. "Yes, dear."

"Could you go and fetch your father? I expect he'll want to see how Alexei's doing."

I nod. "Yes, of course, mother."

I make my way to the door and as soon my hand touches the knob the door opens and a mysterious man appears in the doorway.