Chapter 12

Marinette was woken up to the sound of a loud crash, screams erupting from the street down below. She quickly jumped down from her bed (almost falling over in the process) shoving open he door that led to her balcony, gripping the bars as she stared in horror at the sights that lay before her.
Buildings destroyed, people running for their lives and worst of all, practically a hoard of akumatized villains running around.
She sighed, shaking her head. Hawkmoth at it again. Marinette almost felt guilt as she wondered if all this was just to get to her and her miraculous.
She turned away, Tikki rising beside her.

"So...are you gonna defeat them? It's your duty after all" Marinette looked at her tiredly, a half smile on her face.

"Yeah...I guess I should Tikki. Maybe today is the day I finally find Chat and save him." She uttered sadly as she transformed, jumping from her balcony and swinging through the massacred streets of Paris.

Many of the villains weren't hard to defeat. They seemed to be repeats of old battles she had months ago, and thanks to her sharp memory she had no trouble in defeating them.
Just as she was about to patrol another street, she sensed a punch being thrown her way and she quickly dodged. Quickly turning around, her eyes widened.
She'd definitely seen this villain before.
Marinette sighed to herself. As much as she hated to say it she really needed to patrol the other half of the city to help civilians. Couldn't this villain wait?
As she was about to turn away, her eyes narrowed.
Alya?

"Hello ladybug, I'm lady wifi! Prepare to be defeated!" Alya declared as she abruptly took off running towards ladybug. Her heart almost stopped as she quickly dodged out of Alya's way. She took a deep breath.
If she defeated lady wifi once
She can do it again
Right?
Just what is Hawkmoth planning??

Ladybug swung through the streets as Alya repeatedly shot beams in her direction.
Without Chat, ladybug felt screwed. Just how would she do it? She let out a surprised gasp as another beam flew past her head.
She was getting tired, and the beeping of her miraculous wasn't comforting either.

"Bluetooth beam!" Alya yelled as she hurled a purple beam in ladybug's direction once again. Ladybug quickly grabbed a light chunk of broken building to shield herself from the blast. Her eyes widened when the chunk disappeared as soon as it was hit.
This is a new move. Alya smirked.

"There's no use fighting ladybug, why not give in?" She taunted as she grew closer.

"Just what are you doing Alya? This isn't you? Where..how...where did that beam even take it??" Marinette's voice wavered as the fear grew in her chest, her heart feeling like it would fly out of her chest at any moment.

"You'll find out soon enough"
Another sea of beams swept past her, causing her to just miss the crest of the wave by hair as she ducked. She groaned in pain at the strain on her legs this was giving. Along with the strain on the rest of her body from both the excessive use of her miraculous
and even just her energy in general. Ladybug had defeated what? Eleven villains now?? When will this end??
Marinette's brow furrowed into a frown.

"What does he want?? Why is Hawkmoth doing this??" Her voice pleading as she looked at Alya, trying to reach her. A butterfly crest suddenly shone around her eyes. She placed her finger to her lips.

"Shhhh...too many questions. It's not Hawkmoth who wants to see you"
Marinette's heart caught in her throat.

"Wait...wha-" Ladybug was cut short when suddenly she felt her arms being pulled up. She looked up in horror to see a number of akumatized villains surrounding her. Some held onto her arms, others pointed whatever weapon or power source they had straight at her head. She turned back to Alya in shock.
Alya looked back at her triumphantly.