¹: the pain

My parents were professors, and they always produced crazy inventions until today their invention included me. I live in New York. I am twenty-eight and live right next door to my parents who are chemical professors. They were always so busy with their work. But there is nothing special about me except I am a journalist and live next to my crazy parents. I am always busy trying to catch the latest news of something happening in New York or Spiderman saved the day or new villain on the loose and yes, I did say spiderman. It may sound crazy, but I live in a city with Spiderman. So sometimes in New York I am not surprised at destruction happens here. My parents took big interests in spiderman and how he got his powers and if anyone else can have powers better than his. But this morning my parents were different, like they knocked on my door and asked if I could help them for the first time and I said,

“Can't you ask one of your friends or something”

“We cannot for this invention we need you”

“I cannot really do this right now I have to get ready for a meeting”

“Do not worry it will be done in a second”

“Ok but what is it?”

My mom just walked away not responding to me and I had a feeling that something was wrong. I just followed the next door into their room and when she opened the door to there it was pitch black, it was as if the sun never came to their apartment. Whenever I took the first step in and second step, I knew something was wrong with this and I should go back. The only way I knew was that when my whole body was behind the door, I heard it slam shut and a sharp pain going into my back. I turned around to see what it was, and it was my father who just injected me with a syringe, and I couldn’t tell what was in it. I looked at him freaking out to see if the needle was still there. I was trying to reach my hands to my back, and I could not find it. Where could it be, is it still on me, did he pull it out, what is happening are they going to kill me? But all I remember is my legs getting weak and my breathing got slower, and I stopped crying and hit my head on the ground from the fall.          

What are they going to do to me, wake up, wake up, wake up, WAKE UP! I slowly woke up, my eyelids felt like someone was pulling on them, but I had to wake up. I finally felt like I had the energy to wake up and when I did, I looked all around the room to see my surroundings. When I finally could see my surroundings, I saw that they had used belts just to secure my legs and arms but why? I was so confused and nervous that I did not know what to do but I do know that I need to stay calm.

“Hello, is anyone there, can you please help me?”

As soon as I said that I heard walking coming from the pitch-black room and it was my father. I do not know what he was doing here. He just slowly walked up to me and stopped where the light could not touch him, only thing I saw was the glasses reflection of light. I did not see his hands because they were behind his back like he was holding something for me.

“Shhh the process will begin soon so, do not waste your energy calling for help because no one will hear you in here”

“What process are you talking about, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO ME?”

He walked closer to me and brought out his hands from behind to show he had tape to put on me. I tried biting his hands when he came closer so he could not put it on me. But he gave me a harsh slap, I felt the stinging of the slap, and his hand . I just stopped because he knew I was defeated. I just lowered my head and thought what my life has come to, the tears ran down my face. I cannot do anything.

A few minutes later my “dad” came back in, and he brought these skinny cords with him. He walked over to me, and I realized those were not cords, those were needles. I started moving around my seat having a scream that could be heard by no one. I kept trying to move in my seat until he put the first one on my right leg, the second one on my left leg, the third one on my right arm, the fourth one on my left arm, and the fifth one on my chest. My body was throbbing from the pain because I was so tense when he put them on me. I was tired, worn out, my eyes hurt, I just wished I could kill myself right then, and there so my pain could be over. I was waiting for the needles to just do something I was just so tired; I was done at this point. I saw my “mom” this time walk in with some type of IV stand with her, and it had a white type of liquid inside of it. She connected the needles ends with the bag and did not start them up yet. I just kept staring at the liquid bag wondering what was inside there. I do not know why, but it looked so beautiful, swirls of white, like there was a ballet dancer in there dancing for her life and does not care who is watching her. I watched and watched as she gracefully danced.