Afterword

This one was tricky, because happening between 1281-1345, we're relying on two primary sources, for data, three if we're lucky.
One- Foussaint, a chronicler of Edward III, who detailed his early reign.
Two- Henry of Grosmont, young Harry in the novel, apparently wrote his own biography or facts of his life, which contain sadly sparse details on his father's life, mostly his own adventures (they're fun admittedly)
Three - odd bits and financial things and the like of Edward II's, and wills.
That's it. We don't know what year our protagonist was born or anything. That said, all movements are completely accurate, as are deaths, I'm just sparse on mostly motives and sometimes culprits.
So, here's the basics.

Henry of Lancaster did have 'Wryneck' this is mentioned in multiple sources. This is a stiff tendon causing the neck to twist. Since he lived a long life with no apparent side effects (his later blindness very well could have been cataracts or something unrelated), it likely was not congenital which would have complications. Therefore, it was an injury. If it had happened at any point basically past infancy....he likely would have recovered. Jousting/playing whatever, he'd have been given warm compresses, herbs, maybe taken to Bath, which honestly would have eventually healed it. Since it was apparently life long, it was either in utero or not long after birth. No mention is ever made of this, but his mother did have a couple more children so, I find it unlikely he was afflicted before birth, as a troubled birth would have either killed his mother or made her unable to have more children (more than likely, we don't know), but there's no mention of him being born by c-section or anything, which likely would have been necessary if he was that twisted in the womb. He did develop blindness for the last fifteen years of his life, so again, likely cataracts, he would still attend Parliament and the like so he was doing fine otherwise.

Thomas of Lancaster - his murder of Gaveston is accurate. He seems like a pretty miserable person. He and Henry don't seem to have gotten along. I don't know if he actually abused his brother or not, or killed their sister whose death remains unknown but the man was not a great person. At all. The fact that Henry did in fact leave the country when Thomas staged his rebellion, shows no love lost between the brothers. Thomas and his wife did have a poor relationship and he did have two illegitimate sons (at least he was a known womanizer), none legitimate. I could not trace what happened to his sons, so I invented their death. I'd like to think that someone did avenge Gaveston a bit, and his sons do seem to disappear from the records so they likely died in one of his rebellions.

Aimee Gaveston - my biggest liberty because I do not know what happened to her. She's in no records as living with Edward or anyone, she disappears. I'd like to think she lived a good life, maybe did take some revenge for her beloved brother's murder. She lived with him, didn't appear to marry, and was helping hold Scarborough for him. In all honesty she very well could have been murdered when he was.

Joan (Pierce) Gaveston - she too disappears from the prior at thirteen. Several years later a potential husband for her said she'd died at fifteen, but we have no record of any funeral. We do have record of women who would, simply go become knights honestly nothing stopping them. Edward III was generally enabling of that sort of thing, he'd ride into battle with women and his own wife would lead battles, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. An alternate theory is that she and her older sister Aimee, are the same person. In order to protect her identity, Edward did bring her home with him and just said when questioned it was Gaveston's bastard. That's less likely as why even use the name Gaveston, and why pay the priory for so long and try to arrange a marriage? I don't know.

Maud - I don't know much about her. She and Henry had the children fairly spaced out, no lost pregnancies noted though she may have suffered a miscarriage or two statistically she did. Oddly they didn't have their first kid till they were both in their early twenties, late for that era considering they'd been living together and married for ten years at that point. Then afterwards they kept having the kids every other year or so till she was thirty nine, very late to have a kid back then! I do assume the last three kids were as shown, more of a 'Ah we're safe we probably can't have more' kids, since they waited so long for the first and have no apparent issue conceiving. That's why, kind of cute, it seems they got to know each other first which is nice. She seems to have been happy and loved Henry, nothing to show they didn't get on they always lived together. He'd never remarry and have no bastards, so seems she was the one, which is sweet. I don't know how she died, I do assume not childbirth as it's not noted usually they'd say that. So I decided just a stroke or a heart attack, could happen, and at least that's peaceful at home. There was no note anywhere of a long illness and all her kids are healthy.