7.

Rain

Coming to the Theerpanayakul mansion always felt like coming home. And today, Rain felt so different. Sky had picked him up and cooed at how cute he was looking. Rain had blushed but had taken it in his stride. He was torn though. He wanted P'Phayu to be there and see him like this. He didn't want P'Phayu to be there and see him like this. He had convinced himself that P'Phayu only liked him or noticed him because of his Drag Queen looks and he didn't want that. He had wanted P'Phayu to like him for what he was. He did look at Sky, wanting to ask him, then he stopped. Better not. Sky would just have something scathing to say about how P'Phayu was out of his league.

When Khun saw him, he loudly clapped his hands and screamed in joy. He hugged Rain hard, and Rain winced, but he hugged Khun back. Only Vegas saw Rain flinch. He immediately stood and took Rain out of Khun's arms. "Ai'Vegas, stop taking my sunshine boy away," he chided. "Sorry Hia, just one minute," Vegas said, and turned Rain around, pushing his jacket down before Rain could stop it. Everyone gasped at the angry welt that slashed across his left shoulder. "Who did this baby?" Pete asked, immediately coming forward and gently stroking the wound. "No one Uncle Pete. I fell against the bathroom door," Rain said calmly. "P'Som, P'Bank and P'Jack," Sky said calmly. "Ai'Sky!" Rain turned to him with murder and mayhem in his eyes. "What? Did you really think after what P'Som did and is doing, any of us would leave you alone? Por and Ple got it on video, including sound," Sky said, crossing his hands over his chest and looking haughtily at Rain.

"We will need that footage," Kinn said, the dark promise of retribution in his tone. No one did something to his family and got away with it. Whether Rain liked it or not, he was now family. Vegas and Pete considered him their son, so, by extension, did everyone else. And whether or not Phayu and Rain got together, Kinn was sure that was not going to change. "I have it Pa. Sky sent it to me immediately," Pai said. "Good," Vegas said softly. "No! No, not good!" Rain said, his voice cracking. "What do you mean sweetie?" Porche asked. "I am capable of fighting my own battles. P'Som and his minions will leave in a few months, less than 3 even. I can hold on till then. And once they do, it will be fine. Even if they try something, I can protect myself," Rain said, sounding stubborn.

"Rain..," Sky began. "Don't Rain me. You know better than anyone else that I can take care of myself," Rain said. "Sky is not denying that Rain. None of us are. But you do realise that we only want the best for you. We are not trying to be condescending, but you are just our little boy as much as Sky is," Vegas said, stroking his hand gently on Rain's head. All the fight left Rain. He knew them, and he understood their love now, especially after Uncle Pete had spoken to him. He sighed. "Okay. But you will not interfere. Please let me handle this, yeah?" he asked pleadingly. "We can agree to that," Kinn said, holding his hand up before Porche could hit him again. "Let me complete that statement before you glare daggers at me, okay?" he said. Everyone nodded. "We can agree to that if you show us your skills. It's not that we don't trust you sunshine, but we just want to be sure that you will be able to keep yourself safe, okay?" Kinn asked, as he looked around the room. Everyone looked thoughtful. Finally Kim spoke up. "Chan. He will take it seriously but will not harm Rain too much," he said. "Okay," Rain said, shrugging. "Let's go," Porche said. "Right now Pa?" Pai looked shocked. "Well, the sooner, the better," Pete said as they all stood up.

"Umm.. okay," Rain seemed game. "There are doboks inside. Chan will be with you. He is on the same level as you I think," Kim said. Chan looked surprised. "Black belt 4th Dan?" he asked. "3rd Dan Phi," Rain said politely. "Go change Rain, Chan," Kinn said. As both men hurried away, Sky immediately spoke up. "I am on Team Rain," he said confidently. "No chance," Pai said. "He is on a level lower than Chan." "Doesn't matter. Rain may be tiny, but he is far more vicious than you think," Sky said. He knew his friend. "I am on Team Rain as well," Pete said. "Me too," Porche said. "Me also," Macau and Chay spoke up. "Okay, open pool. Place your bets. 5 to 1," Beam, one of the bodyguards, said. Sky scoffed. "20 to 1, then I will take it," he said. "Done!" Beam smirked, sure that there was no way Chan would lose.