21.

Sky

Sky knew that in all the bad memories of his life, this would be the worst. Seeing Rain bleed in P'Phayu's arms was going to be something that would be etched on his psyche with indelible ink. When P'Gun had scarred Rain's face, it had hurt Sky, made him feel guilty even, but this? This was a thousand times worse. At least then he continued to have Rain with him, safe and sound. But now, Rain was.. well, he had no idea how Rain was. When Uncle Kit had mentioned that he had lost a lot of blood, Sky had felt his whole world tilt on an axis. He knew that Rain had that rare blood type. They had found out when they had gone for the stitches on his face. Luckily, at that time, he had not lost too much, so he hadn't required a transfusion. But the doctor had warned them then and there that Rain needed to be very careful. The doctor had given him a tag that stayed in Rain's wallet at all times. Sky was his emergency contact, but he ensured that he never left Rain alone long enough for that.

He could feel the weight of Ple's head on his shoulder, as she finally rested after her long crying bout. He looked towards Por and Sig, as they sat with their backs against the wall, facing Sky and Ple. While he was grateful for P'Pai and the whole family, these were his people, both Rain's and his, way before he had met anyone else. Their presence gave him strength like nothing else. Sky stared at the doors and willed them to open, desperately wanting to know something, anything! He could see the same desperation on Sig and Por's faces, and on P'Phayu's face. He knew he would find the same pain etched on Ple's face. Even though Sky was scared out of his wits, he held on to the hope that Rain was really, really strong, and he would get through this stronger than ever before.

Phayu

Three days! Three fucking days! Three days since Rain had been rushed into emergency surgery. Phayu was covered in all the protective gear as he stood next to Rain's bed. Only one person was allowed at a time in the ICU and right now, it was his turn. He would just stand there, holding Rain's hands, and talking to him about anything and everything under the sun. Initially, Phayu and Rain's gang had refused to go home, but when Kit had told him that they needed to stay strong so that they could take care of Rain when he woke up, they had reluctantly returned to eat and freshen up and sleep for a while. Kit had had to swear on his life that he would call them if something changed. "Come back soon baby, my love. I can't wait to see these pretty eyes on me. I want to tell you that I love you Rain. don't take that away from me, yeah?" he whispered, gently kissing Rain's knuckles before keeping his hand down and leaving.

Sig

Sig bent down and kissed Rain on the forehead with his mask on. "We miss you Nong Fon. You have no idea how much. Just come back to us, yeah? We can't lose you. We are taking down all the notes and we have already told the Dean you are not coming for a few days. He tried being an ass, but then remembered that you are Uncle Vegas's son," Sig snickered. "By the way, P'Phayu and P'Pai are not telling us anything about what will happen to P'Gun, P'Stop, P'Som and P'Bank. P'Jack seems to have disappeared anyways, and good riddance, if I may say so. I hope he is dead. I don't say that in front of the others, but I know you are the only one who will understand my sentiments, and agree with them. Assholes, the whole bunch of them. I hope they all burn in hell."

Som

Som was going to hell, if he was not already there. He had been sitting in this small windowless room since 3 days. No one had come looking for him and he had been forced to relieve himself where he was sitting. He had prided himself on being perfect, but now, he was filthy, and God knows for how long this would continue. Plus his nose was broken, and it hurt like hell, but there was nothing he could do because he was tied up, both hands and legs bound up tight. He had tried every single way to get out of the ropes, but nothing had budged. His thoughts were utterly confused. Who were these people? What were they to Rain? Why had P'Phayu been there? Som had millions of questions, but not a single answer. He wondered if his parents were looking for him, and if his sister would ever think about him. He knew his sister hated him. She had slapped him in front of the whole faculty. He had wanted to hurt Rain because he had felt humiliated. But sitting in this room, he realised one thing. That humiliation that he had faced that day was nothing compared to what he was facing right now. He knew that the day he had reached out to Gun, he had signed his own death certificate.