Chapter 5: The Accusation

The siblings' parents managed to make them leave, scolded Adam, and also left declaring they were gonna stay out of trouble. Adora started arguing with Adam about how she was tired of this. I am tired too! Adam wanted to scream but knew better. He wasn't in the mood to deal with anything, but for Adora's sake, after reassuring her, he went to Aden's house, having a dangerous yet sneaky plan.
He found Aden ranting to his parents about how "Adam threatened me if I didn't steal rozul". Keeping his calm, he somehow silenced Aden's parents and got in a conversation with him.
"Aden, I know you're-"
"What do you know?? Are you going to kill me now??"
"No."
"Now that I told them, I'm sure you-"
"No, I'm not going to kill you. Relax-"
"Relax what?? First me, then Adelia?! I just know you're gonna hurt her too!"
"Oh, so you're worried about Adelia?"
"Obviously!"
"Well I'm worried about Adora."
"What about her?"
"Adelia."
"What with Adelia?!"
"She's also been threatening Adora... You see, when she realized she lost her rozul somewhere, she made Adora go get it. Adora couldn't find it, so Adelia attacked her-"
"No! That's complete nonsense!-"
Raising his voice to cut off Aden, "and when I found out I came here..."
"No, liar, you came here because I blamed you for stealing rozul!"
"You heard that?" Adam turned to the parents, "he confessed."
Aden blinked, realizing, and immediately began blurting out excuses. Adam quietly exited, and apparently everyone was too stunned to stop him.

Walking home, Adam felt drained, and oddly empty. Why do I always have to clean up messes? It's not that I don't want to, for Adora, but it's so... too much. She expects me to do it, I can't let her down, I just can't but I've been doing this so long I will at some point I know I will and... Ugh. I want to tell her... Whenever she's upset or something, I help her, but I can't do the same and I know it's for her best and I want that but I need someone to reassure me too, I don't have anyone and it just... Hurts. Why am I even thinking of this, wasting time.