Chapter 4 - Sally Acorn

Trigger warning: mentions of depression and anxiety at the end of the chapter
•••

Sonic and Sally's relationship lasted for two years and they were the most popular couple in school. There was non stop chatter and rumours about the two of them. Sonic being the 'King of the Soccer Field', and Sally being the 'Queen Bee'. It was a match made in heaven!

Sally loved and craved the attention. She is spoiled and accustomed to getting everything she wanted, basically ruling the school. She was never shy about expressing her opinions, often making them known to absolutely everyone around her. The relationship between Sonic and Sally started off as sweet, innocent and loving. Their connection seemed to be unbreakable showing each other genuine affection. Sonic was blinded by her narcissism and saw Sally as a kind genuine person who would never hurt a soul. But it was not until later that Sonic began to notice subtle changes in Sally's behaviour. She began to dress more suggestively showing off more of her body wearing shorter skirts or shorts that barely made it past her butt. She wore shirts that were way too small and would show off a lot of cleavage, and tall stripper heel stilettos. Not appropriate attire for school at all and it was just getting out of hand. She would constantly be getting dress coded and sent home to change, but she never gave a shit.

It was one fateful night, around 7:30pm, Sonic and Sally had organised a date night to go out for a nice dinner and a drink. He had gone through all the effort to buy her favourite flowers and some chocolates beforehand. Sonic was about to knock on the door of Sally's house, but noticed a suspicious motorcycle parked right outside near the garage. Sonic just assumed that maybe it was hers, or maybe her father. He was milliseconds from knocking on the door when he heard suspicious sounds coming from inside near where Sally's bedroom was. Sonic was then hit with the realisation and absolute shock. Without hesitation he drops the flowers on the floor, stomps on them, and kicks down the door marching his way towards Sally's bedroom.

"Please don't be true, please don't be true!" Sonic mumbles to himself as he tried to open the door to the bedroom. It's locked. Then he heard movement and faint whispers from behind the door. Sonic knew what was going to happen next. His heart sank.

"Sally. Please don't tell me that's you."

She unlocked and opened the door, wearing an oversized hoodie that Sonic never seen before covering her body. "Oh um. Hey Sonic! You're early!"

"Don't play fucking dumb with me, Sally. I saw their motorcycle outside and that hoodie you're wearing is clearly not yours OR mine."

"I have no idea what you're referring to?" Sally acting all clueless. "I bought this hoodie yesterday!"

"FUCKING LIAR." Sonic exploded into anger and started tearing up. "YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME??? SALLY I THOUGHT YOU WERE DIFFERENT. I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THAN THAT. WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU RESULTING IN CHEATING??"

"SONIC YOU'VE GOT THIS ALL WRONG!!!" Sally screamed back at him.

"WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN WRONG SALLY? YOU'RE FUCKING SOME OTHER GUY AND YOU'RE WEARING HIS HOODIE!!!" Sonic cried and started storming out toward the front door of the house. Sally followed behind.

"SONIC, PLEASE!!!"

Both of them were fully yelling at each other and Sonic was absolutely shattered about what had just occurred.

"SALLY IT'S OVER. I'M DONE WITH THIS SHIT. FUCK YOU." Sonic screamed and then ran away before Sally could come up with any other ridiculous excuses.

(TW)
Obviously the rumours spread around the school like a rapid fire and not a single soul would shut their mouth about the popular couple tragically breaking up. Sonic could not escape it for what felt like centuries, and it lead Sonic to get a form of depression and anxiety. He was over thinking that moment non stop pretty much daily just trying to comprehend and figure out why Sally had done what she did. Was she never really interested in the first place and wanted praise and attention all this time? Was this all one big massive lie?