Chapter 9 - Date

The weekend arrives, and Sonic and Amy are excited to spend the day together. They meet at the park, walking along the pathways, chatting and laughing like old friends. The sun shines down, warming the air around them, and they decide to grab lunch at the best café in town, called "The Paradise Café," which has a glowing five-star rating.

When they get to the café, the delicious smells of freshly cooked food fill the air. Sonic can hardly contain his excitement as he looks at the menu. He quickly orders a whopping twelve chilli dogs, while Amy chooses a burger and chips.

When their meals arrive, Sonic digs in without hesitation, scarfing down the chilli dogs as if he hadn't eaten in days.

"Sonic! Not so fast! You're going to choke!" Amy exclaims, her eyes wide with worry.

"Sorry, Ames! I just can't help it! Chilli dogs are my weakness! You have to try one!" Sonic replies, barely stopping to take a breath.

He grabs one of his chilli dogs and holds it out to her with a big grin. "Here, try it! It's delicious!"

"Uh... okay..." Amy says, taking the chilli dog. She takes a bite, and her eyes widen in shock.

"It's extremely hot!!!" she yells, her face turning red as she starts coughing.

"Are you okay?" Sonic laughs, clearly enjoying her reaction.

"Too spicy! I NEED water!" she cries, reaching for her glass of water.

Once they finish eating, Sonic suggests they check out the garden store next door called "Leafy Meadows." It's known for its beautiful plants and friendly staff.

As they step inside, Amy is drawn to a display of stunning roses that have just bloomed. She leans in, breathing in their lovely scent.

"Mmm! These roses smell amazing!" she says, her face lighting up. "I might have to buy some on the way out!"

Sonic watches her, a little blush on his cheeks. After a moment, he surprises her by picking up a bouquet of the roses she's admiring. "These are for you," he says with a smile, handing her the flowers.

Amy blinks in surprise, her heart fluttering as she accepts the blooms with a bright smile. "Sonic, these are beautiful! Thank you!"

With the flowers in hand, they continue their stroll through the garden store, talking openly about their lives—their dreams and the challenges they face. Their conversation flows easily, filled with laughter and shy smiles.

As they make their way back to Amy's house, Sonic playfully hoists her onto his shoulders. Amy bursts into laughter, the sound light and carefree.

Once they reach her house, Sonic gently sets her down. Amy finds her keys and turns to him, her eyes shining with gratitude. "Thank you, Sonic, for such a lovely day. I really enjoyed it," she says, leaning in to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"No problem, Ames. I like spending time with you," he replies, smiling warmly.

"We should definitely do this again soon, last day of school maybe?" Amy suggests, her heart racing with excitement. "We could call it a celebration date!"

"Haha, absolutely! That sounds awesome!" Sonic agrees, his eyes sparkling.

Blushing, Amy smiles back at him, feeling a rush of happiness. They say goodbye, and she closes the door behind her, leaning against it for a moment as a big smile spreads across her face.

Once inside her bedroom, Amy lets out a happy sigh, her heart still racing from the day's events. She relaxes on her bed, holding the bouquet of roses, thinking about how perfect the day had been and looking forward to their next adventure together.