Chapter 3: Fuck My Life

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

This was officially the worst day of my adult life.

Saturdays were usually my favourite days of the week because they were stress-free. All I had to do was nail down the choreo with Fabien and then attend to pieces of homework that had been neglected throughout the week. However, it seemed like the universe had other plans since I was heading to the Grand Hall instead of the ice rink.

My schedule was ruined beyond repair because some idiot decided to be irresponsible and now me and my schedule were paying for it.

Maybe this was my karma for almost kissing Alex.

That didn't matter since what happened last night was a drunken mistake and I was going to put it behind me and act like it never happened. Alex was a cool guy who happened to have whoreish tendencies and a pretty face which I wasn't willing to get involved in since that sounded like the perfect recipe for disaster.

Waking up to a million emails from the Sports Director, Sabrina Clarkmen desperately asking all students to make their way to the Grand Hall immediately wasn't the ideal way to the start of what was supposed to be a great day.

Now, I was sitting in the Grand Hall, arms folded across my chest squashed between Fabien and some tennis player. We all had one thing in common, our confusion.

All the students that participated in sports from the basketball team to the badminton team with all the coaches from the departments. I lock eyes with Coach B and purposefully furrow my brows to which she responds with a shrug before casting her attention to the podium.

Sabrina Clarkmen, head of Sports at UM:HV. Sabrina was a woman with shoulder-length salt-and-pepper hair. Her deep blue orbs scanned the room before looking down at the podium. Her lips were coated in red lipstick, and minimal makeup filled her face. She was wearing a brown pantsuit with a thin turtleneck of the same colour. She reminded me of a watered-down version of Effie Trinket.

I'm not sure what it was but something about the false positivity in a depressing situation was so Effie coded.

A fake smile graces her face as she taps the microphone twice before greeting us. 

"Good morning students." She greets with false enthusiasm.

"Good Morning Mrs Clarkmen." We grumble.

"So I bet you are all wondering why you've been asked to join me in the Grand Hall this morning."She starts, "Well you've all been called here due to an incident that occurred last night."

Immediately, murmurs explode around me as people theorize what could have happened last night.

What the hell is going on?

I look to Fabien in confusion as other students continue to murmur their thoughts, "An incident? What the hell happened?"

He responds with a shrug.