Part 2 - Joshua

The academy established by the Dark Kingdom of Raven is a prestigious institution that aims to cultivate the talents of young sorcerers. It serves as a safe haven for these individuals to develop and refine their magical skills, moulding them into esteemed members of society in various realms. Henry West, the founder of this school, firmly believes that through education and mastery, they can fulfil the prophecy entrusted to them by King Elliot and uncover the hidden location of the lost kingdom. The utmost secrecy surrounding this prophecy ensures its safeguarding against falling into malicious hands.

Elizabeth and Benjamin Jones were esteemed warriors who dedicated their lives to serving the royal family. They had two sons, Nicholas and Joshua. Nick, the older brother, possessed a captivating charm, immense strength, and exceptional intelligence. He was regarded as a formidable warrior. On the other hand, Josh was enigmatic, immensely powerful, and had an extraordinary intellect. Both boys were destined for greatness.

However, Josh felt overshadowed by Nick's accomplishments and the attention bestowed upon him by their parents. The constant feeling of being left behind ignited a deep-seated rage within Josh—a rage that ultimately drove him to commit heinous acts of murder. Power became an insatiable obsession for him—a hunger that consumed his every thought.

Elizabeth and Benjamin Jones made the difficult decision to send their children to Rivah West Academy in hopes that Josh could find his own path apart from his brother's shadow. Unfortunately, even there, he remained trapped in Nick's formidable presence—a constant reminder of his perceived inadequacy. Even after Nick graduated, Josh still felt overshadowed by his good name.

As a result of this ongoing rivalry, Joshua decided to create his own competition where he could prove himself worthy against Nick once and for all.

Tragically, it was during this turbulent time in their lives that Joshua committed an unspeakable act—taking the lives of his loving parents while they slept in cold blood at such a young age.

During his teenage years, Joshua Jones committed the grievous act of murdering his parents. Methodically and silently, he crept towards their bedroom, drawing nearer to where they peacefully slept. Concealing a knife beneath his jacket, he cautiously approached his mother's body, moving with an ethereal grace. The room was dimly illuminated as he carried out this abhorrent deed, accompanied by the haunting tune of Camille Saint-Saëns' Danse Macabre echoing through his thoughts.

Using his abilities, he rendered them immobile. Gripping the knife firmly with both hands, he elevated his arms to a heightened position. Tears cascaded down his face, yet an eerie grin adorned his lips as he forcefully plunged the blade into his mother's beating heart. Instantly, her eyes sprang open.

The final image she witnessed was that of her son gazing down at her as her eyes gently closed for the last time and she peacefully drifted into eternal slumber. He circled the bed and positioned himself next to his father, lightly brushing his face with the knife stained by his mother's blood.

The man swiftly moved the knife beneath his chin, slicing through his throat before discarding the weapon. As his father's eyes widened, mirroring those of his mother, Josh rushed forward and placed his hands on his father's neck to stem the flow of blood. It was crucial that he allowed his father a moment to gaze upon his face before it was too late.

"My apologies, Father, but at least now you see me for me," were the final words uttered before he also departed from this world.

That evening, Josh eloped with his girlfriend, embarking on a new chapter in their lives. Little did they know, their joy would soon be multiplied as they discovered that she was expecting a child.