End | Part 2

August 31, 2024

Lawrence Castañeda
Messenger

SAT 11:05 AM

Tanya:

Hi Rence

I want to clear out what's between us once and for all

And I want to do it in person

I know you aren't yet ready for it

Pero hanggang kailan ka hindi magiging handa?

Lawrence:

Why are you talking casually to me?

It's not what I am thinking it is, right?

Please don't leave me

Tanya:

I'll be there

***

TANYA ELISHA

AS MY car nearly approached Lawrence's house, my heart started to beat rapidly as someone suddenly stopped in front of me.

Mabilis akong napadiin sa preno at mulat na mulat sa bilis ng mga pangyayari.

All I know is that Francine greeted me with her unannounced arrival. She began banging on my car's hood and is saying something, which I can't understand yet.

Binuksan ko ang bintana ng sasakyan ko—and in just a snap, Francine was beside my door and shouting in front of my face.

"Stop bothering Lawrence! You're not right for him!" Her enraged face is slightly bringing fear to me.

My heart was pounding crazy as I hardened my grip on the wheel. Slowly, tears formed in my eyes.

I cannot understand what's happening right now.

Francine is barely recognizable with her disheveled hair, eyebags, and unorganized shirt. It seems to me that she hadn't slept for a day or two. What is this mess?

I was a little bit shocked by the sudden realization that she hadn't attended my debut last night. By that thought, I woke up from reality.

Mariin ko siyang pinasadahan ng tingin. She was still shouting things that I did not bother to comprehend anymore.

I gathered my strength, stopped myself from crying, and pushed my car's door—that made Francine's lips twist into a mocking smirk.

As soon as I was outside, she went straight to grab my hair. Dumbfounded, my sudden reaction was to protect myself.

I tried my best to avoid her hands reaching the strands of my hair. Sumasakit ang anit ko sa paraan ng paghila niya sa mga ito. But whatever avoidance I do, it's no help.

Bahagya na ring sumasakit ang leeg ko dahil nangangalay na suportahan ang ulo ko.

My nerves were boiling as I tried to prevent myself from giving Francine a taste of the pain I'm currently experiencing.

Nang mapagod ako ay hinayaan ko ang mga kamay na abutin ang buhok ni Francine.

I know it's wrong to take revenge, but I won't let myself stoop down for this kind of person.

They needed to be proven wrong—that they shouldn't just be degrading someone's dignity viciously.