Prologue~Last Time

Katsuki remembers the last time he saw them, his childhood friends, the Midoriya twins.

They were barely four at the time, just kids. Izuku had gotten his Quirk, he could see the future... kind of. It was a bit more complicated than that.

He could predict the future by processing all the vectors of the world but because of free will, his predictions got less and less accurate the further into the future they looked. The doctor tried to explain this to him but after the fifth time, he gave up and just let Izuku believe he could see the future.

Makoto on the other hand, hadn't shown any signs of a Quirk. That didn't stop him and Izuku proudly announcing they would be heroes together and then Izuku claiming Katsuki could join if he proved himself. He would say, "Maybe I'll let you join but heroing is in our blood. Your common blood is going to have to prove yourself" and then Katsuki would punch him.

"Am I worthy now?"

Katsuki had to pause his thoughts to laugh. He remembered the first time he did that well, really knocking Izuku down a peg. Of course, he then jumped up and started claiming Katsuki was going to be a great addition to the Pyro team.

Pyro.

Katsuki did not like that guy. Pyro, or Hisashi Midoriya, was in short a dick. He was Izuku and Makoto's dad and back then all their plans had to do with joining the family agency and taking over.

He remembered the few times they actually talked about Pyro. They never really thought about him outside his agency and the twins never talked about Hisashi. If he was brought up, it was Pyro, always Pyro.

People assumed that was because they were proud of him. They were wrong.

The last time Katsuki had ever saw them was the only time he heard Izuku refer to his father by name. They had been walking home. Inko and Mitsuki led the children home as Katsuki shouted loudly.

They got to the crossroads. Katsuki was heading in one direction and Izuku heading in the other but for some reason, Inko couldn't move. She stared down the road, completely frozen.

"It's okay," Izuku had announced, holding Inko's hand with this smile on his face. "Hisashi isn't coming home. He's never coming home again."

Inko had been stunned, too stunned to do anything but Mitsuki carefully asked Izuku what he meant and Izuku smiled, the same smile.

"He's going to die. His car is gonna crash and he's never going to come home."

Mitsuki ended up calling Hisashi. He was in a car but she got him to pull over. Barely a few seconds later a huge pile-up crashed and killed over 20 people. Hisashi was a life that was meant to die.

His strange behaviour had been noted by the police and after a day of non-stop questions Hisashi announced to the world he survived because his son's Quirk warned him of the danger, he just regrets he wasn't warned in time to save anyone else.

Makoto watched his father and son pose for the pictures, a sinking feeling in his stomach. His Quirk had developed and he knew they were all lying.

Katsuki never went to the press conference, he never did. Barely a few days later Hisashi announced he was moving away to protect his family and train his sons for the future and they were gone.

Katsuki never even got to say goodbye.

Inko was left behind, alone in her apartment. She ended up in an accident barely a year later. She's been in a coma since. Katsuki had insisted on calling them both but after a few years, Makoto stopped picking up. Izuku would mention him occasionally but something happened.

Katsuki sighed, leaning back in his chair. He wondered where they were now. Every time he asked, Izuku would get flighty and avoid the question. Sometimes he saw posters and interviews which featured him and Makoto but they acted so differently Katsuki never watched.

"Young Bakugo, a penny for your thoughts?" All Might forced a smile onto his skeletal face as Katsuki snapped back to reality. "You seem troubled."

"It's nothing. I just visited someone."

"Anyone interesting. They must be someone to keep you this quiet for so long."

"Huh?! What the hell does that mean?!" Katsuki tutted, sitting back in his seat. "She's my godmother. She was in an accident when I was a kid and has been in a coma since."

"Young Bakugo... I'm so sorry."

"Why? It wasn't a villain attack or anything malicious. It was just an accident."

All Might didn't know how to respond to that as he glanced out the window. "Oh, look at that, we're almost there."

Katsuki scoffed, glancing outside. I-Island, an artificial moving city inhabited by scientists. "It's not that bad."

All Might coughed in shock. "That's the most positive you've been since I took you under my wing."

"Do you want me to punch you?" Katsuki crossed his arms, sitting back as All Might continued to watch him in concern. He was definitely calmer than normal.

That was nerve-wracking.

"This plane will soon begin its descent to I-Island," the pilot announced as All Might scrambled to his feet.

"Now, it's about to get pretty exhausting. Because once I arrive, I must maintain my muscle form constantly." All Might grew bigger and whipped off his coat, showing his hero outfit.

Katsuki gave him a deadpan look. "You're going to kill yourself if you try that."

"Don't be so negative. Why don't you change too! You asked the school if you could bring your hero costume, right?"

"Right." Katsuki sighed, standing up as he put on his hero costume. He had to push thoughts about those two out of his head. He'll cool Izuku later but right now, he had other priorities that didn't have anything to do with them.

Little did he know, below people were screaming as the figure rushed about the crowd. The security guard yelled louder but it didn't do anything to stop him as he continued to run.

Izuku was on I-Island.