Chapter Three: Encounter

Seek [BL]

The melody I heard that day was suffocating. It is composed of horrible, ugly feelings. Regret, hatred, loneliness, and other unpleasant emotions. Where it came from, that, however, is something I knew very well. The darkness continued to engulf me as I listened to it more. I began to shiver as the coldness embraced me. It was uncontrollable. It lingers inside me. It is like a beast continuing to grow, to kill.

This monster, the voice inside me. Who would've thought it would become this big.

----------------------------

"That's all for today, class dismissed."

The bell rang. It was noisy and disturbing. The class got noisy as usual, people chatting and getting ready to go home. Everything is annoying. Seeing them wore such happy faces irritates me.

"How was the one week suspension?" one of the guy from the group said.

"Must be nice to have a vacation" another one added.

"Tch, it's his fault for being this weak. Why do we have to take the blame?" said the third person

"Wonder how much money he paid the teacher for." another one butted in.

"Maybe he seduced the teacher? How naughty." said the other.

They all laughed. It hurts to listen to it, not to mention that it echoes in my mind.

How I hope they choke to death while laughing.

"Ahh, isn't it nice? Having some fun time with us, your friends? Telling jokes and exchanging warm feelings. Everyday will be a good day for sure." some girl said, her words full of sarcasm.

"I know right?! And we hope you enjoyed our, you know, welcome-back-gift. But awww we're too shy to give it to you personally."

"Enjoy your locker." was the last thing I heard from the group. After that, they all left.

Yet again, I was alone. I wonder when I'll be able to speak and be heard, where my voice will be heard in the four corners of this very room I grief so much. I wonder when I'll break-free from the tie that strangles my throat. My eyes felt warm, but I guess all the tears have dried up. As I thought, letting the teachers know was a mistake. Adults can't be much of a help. After all, they can't even help themselves.

I know the word spread out the entire school. Everyone knows but I guess the teachers did something about it. No one asked me about it. No one dared to talk to me about it. All I can hear are whispers. Deafening whispers.

The sun is beginning to set. The orange light illuminated the whole room, giving it life. It was beautiful, but far from perfection. It can only attain such title the moment it can start to heat everything up in this room, to bring fire, and to burn everything. Including me. How I wish for that very moment. How I wish the bell I hear every noon was caused by a fire. How I wish the the teacher would immediately dismiss the class, not because it has finished, but because it has come to an endーits true end.

And then as usual, I will stay here. Alone in this room I shall burn.

"Oi." Shocked, I looked around to find who said that. There, leaning in the door, Ty was standing. "Not going home?"

"No, not really." I said half-sarcastically while trying to compose myself.

Why is he here? How did he know I'm here?

He scratched the back of his head and looked around the room, examining every details of it. Theirs isn't much different than ours anyway. But come to think of it, I wonder what class he is in. All I know is that he's called Ty. Basically overheard it from his grandma.