three.

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE.
an old friend

"TODAY, LUKAS AND I TOOK A LITTLE TRIP TO PICK UP AN OLD FRIEND," Baylen explained into the camera as the two boys sat in the lightly dimmed mini-van in a random. Unknown to the audience, there was also another presence in the car.

Lukas turned the camera away from Baylen to the blonde girl in the backseat, she displayed a grin for the moment until the camera was turned back to the brunette. Valentina felt nervous with the lens on her, it had been a year since she had been in the vlogs and Baylen had grown his fan base a significant amount from that time.

"If you've been watching the videos for a while, like since the beginning, you know Valentina," He explained with a wave of his hand, representing how long ago the beginning of his youtube career was.

"She was the one behind the camera after I got kicked out of school and everyone was weird, I guess, about being around me."

Baylen's clip turned into a voice over as pictures and videos popped on the screen from high school. Countless videos of them in grocery stores and pictures of the group together but one that was significant to Valentina was a photo of her, Baylen, Peej and Sebas. Valentina sat next to PJ with his arm slung around her shoulder, Baylen and Sebastian mirroring them.

         "I haven't seen her in forever, same with the guys, because of all this moving shit. And you guys were like 'Bring back Val', so I flew her out and she's gonna stay with us for a little bit," The scrawny boy explained, hovering over the actual reason why Valentina wasn't seen in the videos anymore.

He glanced in the back seat, "How does it feel being in Florida?"

"So fucking weird," Valentina let out a breathy chuckle, answering his question. The two boys grinned at her response before Lukas put down the camera and headed off to the place she was the most nervous about.

         Which everyone in the car felt, it wasn't awkward for the group but they weren't sure what was to come bringing the girl into a home with her ex-boyfriend.

         "So did you tell him that I was coming?" Valentina spoke up, breaking the silence. She picked at her newly manicured nails as she asked the question.

         Baylen ran a hand through his shaggy hair, "Yeah..." He responded, almost uncertain of his words which made the blonde more on edge.

        "That didn't sound assuring, Baylen."

        "Well, I did tell him but I don't think he had time to process the information, so if he's acting like some bitch, that's my fault and I apologize," He held his hands in the air, taking full accountability of PJ's possibly mood.

       "Great, that's really nice actually," She rolled her eyes, Valentina hoped Florida would be a breath of fresh air and not a cloudy mess because of Peej.