7

Magix | Woodlands

❀⊱─── ·**✿❁✿**· ───⊰❀

"Do you think these morning glades would be suitable?" Flora asked, kneeling down in front of the blue blossom.

Palladium smiled down at Flora, examining the flower. "We are in need of some more native species. Those would make a great addition to the greenhouse."

Flora nodded, carefully removing the flower, as Palladium continued his exploration of the forest floor.

"Thank you for joining me so early, Flora. Your assistance is invaluable." He expressed, waving his hands to move the branches out of the way. 

"No problem, I enjoy foraging with you. Besides, I'm your apprentice, of course, I would." Flora's  eyes scanned the array of magical specimens around them, following Palladium's path.

Palladium paused to examine a particularly rare insect. "How have things been now that you're living in the dorm?"

"I love it. It's been so convenient being on campus this year. Everything is nearby." She answered, bending down to inspect the intricate patterns on a cluster of leaves.

"I guess it got pretty boring with just the two of us, huh?" He remarked, gently teasing Flora.

"I love living with you, but I just wanted to see what it was like to live on my own." Flora explained while her fingers delicately traced the veins of a large leaf.

"I know, I know. I'm happy to see you finally spreading your wings. It feels like just yesterday that you would follow your father and me into the forests and made us chase after you." 

Palladium couldn't help but reminisce. His gaze softened as he gathered more samples.

"Thank you for understanding. You've definitely been taking this a lot easier than father. He always goes on and on about his 'little flower' growing too fast." Flora chuckled, carefully placing a handful of petals into a small pouch.

"Sounds like him. Don't be too hard on him; he's still learning to adjust." Palladium advised, a knowing smile playing on his lips.

"Have you made any progress with Professor Avalon yet?" Flora inquired, a mischievous glint in her eye.

"What are you talking about?" Palladium feigned innocence, his attention now on a cluster of leaves with intriguing iridescence.

"You can't keep using me as an excuse. Why don't you ask him to come with you sometimes? He's a very nice man; I'm sure he'll say yes." Flora suggested, a playful tone in her voice.

"Where's that adorable little girl who used to hide between my legs? You're actually advising me now?" Palladium teased while resting his hand on her head.

"I just want you to be happy. I'm sure you'll regret it if you don't even try." Flora replied earnestly, placing her hands over his own.

"Alright, I'll think about it. If you have better things to do, you could've just told me." Palladium teased, continuing the path. 

"Hey! You know that's not it!" Flora protested, chasing after him, a playful glint in her eye as their laughter echoed through the magical forest.

As the sun climbed higher in the sky, casting a warm glow upon the foliage, Flora's eyes caught a glimpse of a peculiar plant nestled in the shade of an ancient oak.

"Uncle Palladium, look at this!" Flora exclaimed, excitement evident in her voice as she pointed towards the distinctive leaves and glowing petals of the plant.