2.5

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸; 𝙱𝙾𝙽𝚄𝚂 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

The hospital had been beckoned by blanket of chaos. Well more like a crowd of drunks and bitchy college girls which seemed to cause the whole hospital to rattle with noise, the elderly and the injured bellowing at their poor carers that they couldn't sleep with the echoing noises. The paediatric ward seemed more restless than usual with children pacing back and forth the bathroom every five minutes and parents arguing with nurses for more coffee refills than they needed but what made it ten times worse was that most of the residents were off sick with some sort of flu or stomach bug leaving only a couple of residents to deal with what the doctors didn't want to.

Yet, the nursery (the place you would expect to be the loudest) was oddly serene. The newborns lulled off to sleep by Ollie as he carefully coddled a crying baby to his chest, ''shhh, it's okay liebling, it's okay... shh, shhh i know there we go.'' Ollie moved to sit on a rocking chair with the baby still grasping at his shirt, ''there we go liebling, that's better isn't it. Now I can sit down and keep you wrapped up warm.'' Ollie smiled as the baby began to yawn, the small 'o' shaped mouth being the sign of tiredness.

''you just don't want to go to sleep do you sweetpea, huh? Rocking you and craddling your body doesn't seem the right the put you to sleep does it now, what if we try this way?'' The blonde haired man gently supported the newborn's body with one hand and his head with the other as he laided the smaller body upright against his chest, ''let's see if that works, hmm.'' Ollie whispered rubbing a soothing thumb over the baby's back. Noticing the crying had died down, Ollie peered his eyes down to realise the baby's eyes had drooped shut, ''oh, your finally asleep liebling, that's good.'' Ollie went to set the baby back into it's incubator only for fits of sobs and whining began again.

''okay, okay, I'm not going anywhere little one.'' Ollie chuckled moving to sit back in the rocking chair.

''doctor Meier should be in there, just be careful not to wake the little one's okay. He tries his best up in paeds and well if there's anyone who can put a crying baby to sleep it's Oliver Meier.'' The elder nurse open's the door, letting a man stumble in flower's first, ''thank you again, this is the least i can do for him after he helped care for me.'' Spencer thanked the woman, noticing Ollie's sleeping expression while he still managed to softly hold a baby.

Not wanting to disrupt the silence and peace in the room, Spencer settled for setting the bouquet of flower down on the cabinet next Ollie, ''sleep tight doctor Meier.'' 

''how'd you know lilies are his favourite?''

''he seems like type of person who would like lilies, did you know 40% of the population are allergic to lilies?''