Chapter 1: The Call

"Blitzø.. I brought you flowers..." The owl prince says as he hands his date a bouquet of roses.

Previously that day

A certain Imp boss was going on by his work, dealing with screaming clients and boring paperwork as he drank his 5th cup of coffee for the morning. A knock came from his office door and he says a groggy "Come in" before taking another sip from his mug.

His Imployee, Moxxie, entered the office holding a stack of papers. "Christ on a stick Mox, don't tell me that that's more fucking paperwork.." The boss grumbled as he rubbed his forehead in annoyance. "I'm sorry sir, but with all of the clients that are suddenly flooding in, we need to apply these company upgrades.." Moxxie replied, setting down the papers on his boss' desk.

A sigh escapes the imp's mouth as he puts the papers away to their respective files "Sir, we can help you with the paperwork if you want.. maybe lighten your load of work, Millie and I can-" The boss lifts one of his hands and interrupts his employee's suggestion "Thanks for the offer Moxxie.. but you and Mills don't need to get yourselves involved in this bullshit, I run this company so I need to handle this myself, that is if I can get used to the ropes of how to settle most of this professional shit..." Moxxie looked down in thought till he took a good look at his boss. He looked exhausted, and dishevelled, he definitely had something on his mind.

"Sir.. Have you talked to the prince yet?" The boss stayed silent at the question, looking down at his mug as he swirled the caffeinated liquid inside it, still steaming hot yet almost completely gone already. "Sir you know you need to talk to him sooner or later-" However the boss seemed opposed to the idea as his expression instantly switched to alarmed and defensive "No no no no! I am not-" he suddenly gets interrupted as his other employee comes in with a giddy smile "Hey Blitzø!~ Your boyfriend is calling!~" she said in a sing song tone as she skipped over next to her husband. "I- Millie he isn't my-"

"That's perfect! Sir, this is your chance to talk to the prince! You can finally talk things out after the whole ordeal at Ozzies!" Ozzies.... Their so called 'date' that quickly went straight off the rails... The two haven't said a single word to each other since the events of that night, apart from their texts, which consisted of very long paragraphs of mixed signals from the prince and the very dry and short answers from the opposing imp. It was clear that the two had to talk things over, especially since they both have a constant problem of miscommunication which they needed to address.

Blitzø seemed very against the idea of even seeing the prince in person, let alone talk to him. He was about to deny till Millie stepped in also trying to convince him "come on Blitzø.. The two of you haven't talked properly since that night, you need to talk. You can't keep running away from your problems, just like wrestling a rhino! If you got a beast to conquer you gotta face it head on! Come on, what do you have to lose?" He looked at her with a slightly sorrowful gaze "Stolas...?"

"That is if you continue to not talk to each other, come on B!"

Blitzø continued to think about it for a moment as he took the last sip of his coffee. He let out a sigh and stood up from his chair making his way out of his office and towards the company phone. "Finally, the ringing was starting to give me a headache.." Loona grumbled "Ye go get your man Blitzø!" Millie cheered from the door.

He let out one last sigh before picking up the phone and slowly bringing it up to his ear "Hello..?" His voice came out a bit more hesitant than he would like it to as he waited for a reply from the other line. "Blitzø! I-I thought you weren't going to answer since you didn't pick up your own phone.." The prince replied in a soft tone. Blitzø's heart fluttered lightly as he heard his voice again after so long.. he'd never admit it but he missed his soft spoken voice, pretty accent and all.