True Feelings

Magnus and Dan had grown so much. Magnus had finally reached his goal of befriending all of the cats that live on the same street, adopted a cat, and he's (partially) gotten past the tough act he puts up and has made a lot of friends. Magnus also now sees Emily a lot more often so they have been able to bond a lot more and they e definitely happier. Dan has also met many new friends, got much needed singing lessons, and has perfected his ukulele skills. He decided to do this after seeing Magnus learn to play violin. 

Some things don't change though. Main protagonist still has the messiest hair known to mankind, Raccoon boy is still a detective, Dan still loves Magnus, and Magnus still loves Dan. But...

They haven't told each other yet. 

This usually leads to very awkward interactions because one will accidentally say something flirty but the other doesn't pick up on it because their too busy daydreaming about them and the one that made the flirty comment dies of embarrassment while the other is confused and thinks it's their fault the other is upset. So average "two characters love each other but are too scared to say anything until it's too late" cliche stuff. This is very entertaining .

It was very confusing because Magnus is literally still a detective raccoon and has no idea what's going on. Shun and Emily believe it's because he has literally never felt this way about people before so he never payed attention to flirty or kind comments. 

Dan is oblivious so I don't think an explanation is needed. 

They do really cute stuff accidentally though. They were watching a movie and Dan put his head on Magnus' shoulder. Magnus got nervous on his first plane ride and grabbed onto Dan's arm and held his hand for comfort. When they were hugging Dan had muttered "I love you".  Dan had gently rubbed his nose on Magnus' neck and Magnus laughed and said quietly "babe stop". He died two seconds later and disappeared to an unknown land where he would never be seen again by humanity so he wouldn't have to face the embarrassment caused by his actions.

The AO were still friends this entire time and still had really childish fun together. They would play games for little kids but they still had a lot of fun. They would also have epic games of truth or dare that usually end up with prank calling a pizza guy who has had enough of their shit but still answers the phone and yells at them in various languages afterwards. It's ok because Magnus knows these languages and happily yells back in any language this man uses.

One night they were all having a sleepover and they decided to play truth or dare after summoning a demon failed. 

PleasedonottrysummoningdemonsinsideyourownhomeasitisdangerousinsteadpleasEdoitinsidethehouseofyourEnemy Yourprogramwillcontinuenow

The game seemed normal until Lia decided to stir drama. "Hey Dan truth or dare" "uhm truth" "who do you like" "sorry did I say truth I meant dare" "I dare you to tell me who you like" "did I say dare I meant don't." "Don't you think you should tell us who you like?" "Someone." "BE SPECIFIC THATS NOT AN ANSWER" "technically you asked who I liked but not specifically the name of the person so it counts." "Whatever" "Magnus truth or dare" "double it an give it to the next idiot." "Good answer" everyone laughed

"No really truth or dare" "truth I guess" "wimp" "I will single handedly eat your first born child" "ladies and gentlemen and non binary companions we have found where the demon is" Wynton pointed at magnus. "Thanks?" "Magnus do you like anyone" "no" Magnus said but Dan noticed his hand twitch. When Magnus lies his hand subtly twitches at a certain angle. It's not very noticeable and completely subconsciously. Magnus can tell a lie and get away with it if no one notices the hand twitch. "You're lying." "No." "Your hand is twitching." Dan knew about how Magnus would twitch at certain times in certain areas of his arms and legs when he felt something or thought something. Dans favorite is when he was really happy and his arms would start to shake and he looked really happy and excited.

"Magnus?" His nose, cheeks, and ears turned an adorable soft pink. "Someone" he laughed. "Who" "someone special" Magnus winked at Dan. Dan blushed. "Dan truth or dare." "Dare." "I dare you to date me" and they did then later they married.