"Prologue"

The aliens invaded, and Bricksburg would soon be in ruins. Emmet, and his girlfriend, Lucy, ran through the shattered streets as buildings crashed down to the ground.

The air became thick with smoke, and the sky turned dark and gray. The Special coughed, as he held on tightly to his girlfriend, Lucy's, hand.

The aliens had gone too far with their destruction, and everything was utter chaos. The bricks clicked, and shattered around them.

He was once the Special, and she was his entire world. He felt that even if everything fell apart, at least he had her, and that was all he needed.

She was his first love.

"Where do we go?" He asked.
"I don't know."

The Special's Girlfriend looked around. More aliens floated above them, and she ducked down, pulling her and Emmet in between collapsed buildings.

She sighed, "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. As long as I'm with you." He smiled

"...Gosh. I love you, but we really need to get out of here."

She peeked out from their hiding space. She nearly shuttered at the sight. The citizens of Bricksburg were either running away in extreme fear, or unconscious in the streets.

The DUPLO giggled playfully, but it wasn't a game. It was a nightmare come to life. They probably weren't even aware of all the distress they were causing."

"Okay, let's look past the fact that the aliens are much bigger than us." Lucy turned, "We have to get out of the city. If we're fast enough, we can make it."

"Using the portal at the city limits? What if they follow us to the Old West?"

"That's why we have to be fast. If they do then...we just hope for the best. I'm strong but...hoards of aliens are pretty challenging."

Despite his usual optimism, Emmet's gaze softened slightly. A frown appeared on his face. The strong wind moved through the area, messing up his hair, and making his clothing dirty.

"Lucy...um..."

Lucy adjusted her long bangs, "What's wrong?"
"I just found you again. I don't want to lose you."

She frowned, and touched his dirty cheek, wiping off the gray dust. "I don't want to lose you earlier. We haven't even had a chance to be a couple yet, but...we can start with this."

The Master Builder leaned forward, placing a gentle kiss on Emmet's lips. He kissed back, and held her tight. He never wanted to let go.

He hadn't kissed anyone since a date from high school. That ended terribly, because the girl definitely wasn't impressed. But at that moment, he didn't even care to remember her name.

After the two separated, he once again smiled at Lucy.
"I'll remember that forever."

"You're cute. Now, let's go."

His girlfriend once again grabbed his hand, and the couple was off. They quickly moved through the destruction, avoiding the aliens to the best of their ability.

They dodged a few falling off of buildings, and the city border was in their sights. The many warning signs were visible through the smoke and dust.

"There it is!"

"Wait! Unikitty, Benny, Metalbeard, Batman! Everyone! What about them?"

The two stopped and looked around, searching for their lost friends. Everything was so chaotic, they didn't have a clue where their friends could be.

"Oh, gosh. I didn't even think about that. Hopefully we run into them on the way, but...if not...we have to go ahead."

"No. We can't leave them behind. You know that's not right." Emmet replied, "Let's just stay together and search. We need to find them."