Chapter 2: "Princess and Commander"

Rex stood in a black void. He covered his ears, as the sound of familiar, yet forgotten screams played in his mind over and over again.

His eyes scanned the area, but he was unsure of what he was even looking for. The darkness soon started to shift, as he heard familiar voices echo out.

"You're not- Special! Lied-!"

"Like the- Spaceship!"

"My home- Gone!"

The voices sounded fuzzy, and full of static. Rex had no idea who they belonged to. Only vaguely did they feel somewhat familiar, but it was more so as if strangers were speaking out to him.

Soon, blurry images popped up one by one. While the distorted tune of a happy, upbeat pop melody sounded loudly.

The Commander saw something glowing, and bright red, stuck within a large formation of rocks. He saw giant blurry letters, over a vast sandy area filled with cacti.

More images appeared at a fast rate. A kingdom made of clouds. A large black tower with infinity floors. A mech made of yellow bricks.

The images shifted away, along with the darkness, and suddenly Rex found himself in a destroyed Bricksburg. However, he didn't remember that it was Bricksburg.

He didn't remember anything from his life before Apocalypseburg, and it had been that way for 5 years.

Through the destruction of the distorted city, he saw a figure. A figure of a woman with black hair. Her face was blurred, and unrecognizable.

"Who are you?" He asked, "Why do you keep showing up here?"

The world around him crumbled, and distorted even further. He covered his ears as a loud sound echoed throughout the area.

————————————

Rex's eyes shot open, as he heard the sound of his alarm clock. He regained his composure, after waking up from a rather harsh nightmare.

One that had played in his mind several times over the last few years. His tired eyes scanned the room, before he reached out his arm, turning off his alarm.

He lay there for a moment, going through his thoughts, and enjoying the comfort of his bed for a moment longer.

"Shitty night." He finally sat up, "Not only did someone try to kill me, but I had that terrible nightmare again."

He rubbed the back of his neck, and recalled the events of last night. No one had ever gotten that close to actually hurting him before.

He assumed Marie was quiet, and quick, due to her size. She was about five two, and had short hair, so there wasn't much weight to carry.

Even though she was on the shorter side, she still had the body of a woman. She had pretty eyes, and a nice figure. She was actually beautiful.

But Rex was too blinded by his duties to realize it at that moment. All he knew was that some stranger, who happened to be a princess, came in and tried to murder him.

He had that situation to deal with that morning. He wasn't looking forward to it. After a while of sitting with his thoughts, he got out of bed, and stretched.

He had a really strict morning routine that he liked to follow, which involved a heavy workout, a shower, and staring at the mirror for thirty minutes.

Positive affirmations, and reminder of his handsome he was helped him on a day to day basis.

It was to give himself the confidence he needed, because as great as he was, he still struggled with it.

"I better get a move on." He adjusted his bangs, "I have a lot to do today. I can't ignore it, because  above all, I am the Leader of Apocalypseburg. That's...all I am."