CHAPTER ONE: NUBIA

The lily that fled, sprouted in the desert, and overshadowed the men. She has now wilted therein and her soul found worthless. She stares to her own for salvation, to see her sacrifice upheld as righteous.

In the year of Sheba's escape, the North erupted!

On account of Ovu's failure to reach the daughters of Uzi in time, this was seen as a sign of weakness by the council of the BON MENDA.

The Temple doors were being repaired. The rubble of stone and mortar took days to clear, even with power from the stone in their hands. The priests of Kek had faithfully carried out the burials of the bodies that had laid there with no one to claim them. Entire families had suffered demise, and many had been left without kin. Those who had seen this, lifted their eyes to the hill of the tower facing the mountain of Beruel, where Ovu stayed and governed from. What had transpired that day had shown that there were cracks in between the tight fist that he led the Nubians with, and they were not as slim as it was thought.

How could three girls escape from right under the nose of the prisons of Nubia- and head on to the gates of the city, and take lives in their escape?

This story was told many times over, and those that had waited in the shadows for such a day began to chatter.

"It is because our guards have not faced a war, and may have been lenient on duty." Some defended. "Men of magic? How then will we hold against an enemy intending plunder against us, if mere student girls can lay waste to all our defences?" Others protested.

It was clear that faith had been lost. If not, then it was seeping away, quick! Ovu had raised emissaries and separated men for the sole purpose of defending his honour, as well as the borders of Nubia, yet twice they had failed to do so. Was the stone losing its power?
If not, then how come all its abilities seemed to fail his Lordship?

Ovu
His Crown had become like lead.

His chamber remained empty of light. He surrounded himself in darkness, requiring no council nor food. He only allowed the high window facing the West, where Beruel was. The light of it revealed the writings on his throne, one cast in stone and on it, lain the very best in palm weaving and wool cushioning:
II LI 0Zl7 UII0K NUB1A

(HERE SEATS THE RULER OF ALL NUBIA)

He had rejected that throne, preferring the cold mosaic floors. Days ago, he had seen the two bodies return. Their hair was grey and their skin was like ash. There were only two, but there were three. Matter of fact, the two meant nothing to him, unlike the missing third!

There was great unease in his heart, as whispers from the deep sickened his heart.
He wished for death, but the power resting in his bones kept him.

His robes were torn. His frustration filled the room.
An oath had been betrayed. He figured that somewhere, some may have been planning to take over Nubia, but that did not matter. It wasn't the Kingdom that worried him. It was the anger of the very power that kept him.

Just then, the doors of the chamber creaked. He rose precariously, weak from days of not eating. He managed to crawl back to rest on his Throne. He put together his robes as fast as he could before the doors were wide, and his disgrace was seen. There was a small slit opening at the very large doors, letting in more light. Three appeared in quick succession. A male and two females. The three did not speak nor ask for permission to enter. Ovu had expected them. Their movements made no sound, their faces were hidden leaving only room for eyes.
A long silence occurred between them.

"In three days." Ovu hissed.

They stood there, still as oaks. The male figure raised his right hand, and a foggy presence clouded the room. Ovu was startled.